How to subscribe to all chat messages in any Zoom meeting I host with a Python 3 bot

Not familiar with this, need some help starting. There’s almost no real into-depth documentation on how to subscribe to webhooks, let-alone create webhooks, and I don’t know how to make this work. My bot will subscribe to all chat messages sent in any meeting and use them for other purposes, but I don’t even know how to make a chat listener in the first place with the API. Any help on the subject is greatly appreciated!

Hi @almost_somebody,

Just to make sure I’m on the same page, you’re referring to capturing in-meeting chat, is that right? If so, I should clarify that we don’t currently have any API endpoints or webhooks for in-meeting functionality like this.

At the moment, the only Chat endpoints/webhooks we offer are for chat messages within the Zoom App/Client (separate from Meetings). For subscribing to webhooks for this, you will need to create a Webhook app and you can view the available events here.

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.