How to tell if ID from get meeting reports is for Meeting or Webinar?

This is a theoretical question as I am helping our developer plan their approach to pulling meeting and webinar data.

I see that Get meeting reports pulls both meetings and webinars, which is exactly what we want. However, we would then like to use the resulting meeting/webinar IDs as the parameter for a call to Get meeting detail reports OR Get webinar detail reports. How do we know which of the results of Get meeting reports are meetings, and which are webinars, so we can make the right API call for a given ID? Nothing in the schema of the response seems to provide us with this info.

Thanks!

Hi @mtaylor

Thank you for reaching out to Developer Support!

When you use GET meeting reports

you will only be able to get the meeting ID and the meeting UUID
Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 3.57.58 PM

If you need the Webinar ID, then you might need to call a different endpoint:

This way you will be able to get the Webinar ID

Webinars and Meetings are completely different, so to grab the IDs you will need to make different calls to different endpoints.
I hope this helps and please let me know if you need anything else

Regards,
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

From the excerpt of Get Meetings Report that you posted above, I see “Retrieve report on past meetings and webinars for a specified time period”. Given your reply, does this mean that:

A) Webinars have both a Meeting ID and a Webinar ID, and I need to use the Meeting ID to get the Webinar ID to run Get Webinar Details
B) Despite what that excerpt says, I will never fetch any Webinar IDs using Get Meeting Reports, I have to use other means to obtain them

I’m also a bit confused about your suggestion to use Get Webinar Details Reports to get a Webinar ID… Isn’t the Webinar ID the required parameter for that API call?

Thank you for clarifying!

Hi @mtaylor

Addressing your questions here:

A) Webinars have both a Meeting ID and a Webinar ID, and I need to use the Meeting ID to get the Webinar ID to run Get Webinar Details
Webinars only have Webinar ID, webinars and meetings are completely different

B) Despite what that excerpt says, I will never fetch any Webinar IDs using Get Meeting Reports, I have to use other means to obtain them
To fetch webinar IDs you can use this endpoint: GET/users/{userId}/webinars

You have to use different endpoints for Webinars and Meetings since they are not the same.
Hope this helps

Elisa

Thank you Elise! I thought I was OK using the Reports endpoint as everything on this page indicates that both Meetings and Webinars are retrieved using that call.

GET

~WRD0000.jpg

Thank you! happy to help here

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.