How to use JWT token integration with BS software which deployed on different client servers?

Description
We are going to integrate the zoom with our BS software, we want to find the best way to do it.
Using case:
1. Our software is B/S software not cloud SAAS, that means our customer will install our software in his own environment and server.
2. In this case, JWT credentials seems must from the users that do not belong to my account, right?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth, JWT.

Additional context
And we also checked the OAuth, but we find OAuth need to create an OAuth app on the Marketplace,it’s requires customer to input information of his server configuration,it’s seems not convince to do that. So I wanna to ask what’s the best practice to handle this using case? Any response is highly appreciate.

Hey @fangxuejiang33,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This is a great question! In this case, Oauth authentication is the best method as we strongly advise against requiring users to provide their own JWT token. Using OAuth allows users to authorize the app for their use even if they aren’t associated with your account. This is true if you are creating an on-premise application or a cloud-based SAAS.

You are correct in the sense that a user will need to submit their app to the Marketplace for it to be permanently accessible by their users. Are you able to provide more information as to why this wouldn’t work for your use-case? I may be able to provide a workaround.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Because some customers will not deployed the system with public IP and host, so I think it’s will cause issue of callback url of zoom (it’s requires the https of application public url).

Hey @fangxuejiang33,

Thank you for providing additional information. Correct me if I’m understanding incorrectly but If you’re writing a SAAS, then you should be able to ensure that the app information leads back to the URL used for the SAAS. Because this would be a SAAS system, you have complete control over the deployment of the application and would be able to use the URL of the SAAS website for the requisite information to publish your app.

Let me know if that makes sense and if I have a good idea of what you’re trying to accomplish here. If not, please provide as much detail about what you’re looking to do and I’ll work to provide the best path forward from there.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.