Steps to use API

Good day everyone and my bosses in the house,

i am Francis by name and i am new here.

Please i want to integrate zoom into one of my client app (web application) and i have been wondering on how to go about it. i wanted to use API initially but was confuse so i decided to use “build” the app thru the market place.

Please any help. either video tutorial or if possible from github.

Regards
Gbade francis

Hey @gbade.francis,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to point you in the right direction!

First, I should note that you’ve taken the correct first step by creating an app. In order to use our APIs, you’ll need to create an app (either JWT or OAuth) to generate your credentials that will allow you to authenticate your requests to our endpoints.

Will your integration be handling only users/meetings within your Zoom account, or will you be interested in working with accounts outside of your own? If it’s the first, JWT will likely be best for your use case. If it’s the latter, OAuth would be required.

You can find our Guides on authorizing via JWT and OAuth here:

Let me know if you can provide some additional details on your use case and I’ll be happy to help!

Best,
Will

Hello,
Thanks for your quick response. i am very excited.

I have created account with marketplace for JWT. so what is the next thing to do because my account level is still displaying “Intend to publish: No Account Level” Please is the solution to this and what is the next step to follow

Regards
Gbade Francis

Hi @gbade.francis,

Can you provide some additional details about your use case? For example, are you interested in building a public integration that people outside of your account will be able to use, or are you more interested in simply accessing our APIs under your own account for your own integration only?

I ask because this will determine which app type is best for you. If it’s the latter, JWT is the correct app type, and now that you’ve created it you can access your credentials and generate a token to make requests to our APIs.

Please let me know if there are any other details you can share, or if there’s a specific issue you’re running into—I’ll be happy to help!

Best,
Will

Hello Will,

Thanks so much for your quick reply, i am very grateful for always been there for me.

i am interested in simply accessing our APIs under our account for our own integration only…

Regards
Gbade Francis

Hey @gbade.francis,

Thanks for confirming!

In that case, you can utilize a JWT app. Once you have a JWT app created under your account, you can follow these steps to retrieve the token to authenticate your requests with:

1. Navigate to the Zoom Marketplace while logged in to the account that is associated with your JWT app
  2. Once logged in, click on your JWT App from the Manage page
  3. From your App’s page, click on the App Credentials tab:
  4. Click on the View JWT Token dropdown
  5. Copy this token and use this to authenticate your API requests (auth type: “Bearer Token”)

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

Hello Will.
Thanks so much. i have gotten everything you explained.

Please what is the next step. where will i get the code to work with.
i mean where will i get the code file to insert those details in.

Regards
Gbade Francis

Hello Will,
To buttress my point about my request,
I will like to have a sample code to follow so as to make the integration easier for me.

Regards
Gbade Francis

Hi @gbade.francis,

Once you’ve generated a JWT token, you can use this to authenticate requests to our API by passing the value of the token in to your request header.

Here is an example cURL request for calling our List Users API, for example. You’d pass your JWT token into the token variable:

curl --location --request GET 'https://api.zoom.us/v2/users' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer {token}' \

You can also use our embedded tool in the documentation under each endpoint to test this out in various languages:

Just pass in your token and hit “Send”.

Let me know if this helps. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

Hello Will,
Thanks so much. for the guides every time. this is to let you know that i have created the app and i have integrated it perfectly. but when i create a meeting and people join the meeting as normal, it is redirecting me to external zoom app. in which i want the meeting to be holding right inside the app i created.

Please, is there a way i can embed that zoom into the website directly and the meeting will be holding directly on the website instead of redirecting to the outside zoom app…

if there is any video to watch on that, i would be very grateful to have the link.

Regards
Gbade Francis

Hey @gbade.francis,

Glad that you were able to get it working.

In regards to integrating the Zoom Meeting directly within your app, the supported way to do this is using our Web SDK. Have you had a chance to check this out?:

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hello Will,

Thanks for the latest information on how to integrate the web sdk,

i have started it by following those steps listed.
i enter the API key and secret key but i am getting Invalid Parameters.

Please Help

Regards
Gbade Francis

Hey @gbade.francis,

Happy to help! Can you create a new thread here with some more details on the error and the parameters: #client-web-sdk

We’ll be happy to help you out there.

Thanks!
Will

Hello Will,
I have rectified the error. its working fine now. thanks.

Reagrds
Gbade Francis

Awesome, happy to hear it @gbade.francis ! :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.