I created a room using API, can participants enter the room without a host?

When a participant attempts to access the room with the join_url returned through API, participant sees the message below.

“Please wait for the host to start this meeting”

I tried to set ‘join_before_host’=>false and ‘join_before_host’=>true both.
But the results are the same.

I can check options like the image below on the zoom website.

Is there any way that participants can enter the room without a host? (should create it using API)
2~3 people have to go into the room and have a meeting without a host.

I think I can turn off the ‘Waiting Room’ option. How can I turn it off using API?

public function createAMeeting( $data = array() ) {
            $post_time  = $data['start_date'];
   $start_time = gmdate( "Y-m-d\TH:i:s", strtotime( $post_time ) );
            $createAMeetingArray = array();
            if ( ! empty( $data['alternative_host_ids'] ) ) {
                if ( count( $data['alternative_host_ids'] ) > 1 ) {
                    $alternative_host_ids = implode( ",", $data['alternative_host_ids'] );
                } else {
                    $alternative_host_ids = $data['alternative_host_ids'][0];
                }
            }
            $createAMeetingArray['topic']      = $data['meetingTopic'];
            $createAMeetingArray['agenda']     = ! empty( $data['agenda'] ) ? $data['agenda'] : "";
            $createAMeetingArray['type']       = ! empty( $data['type'] ) ? $data['type'] : 3; // 2 is default (1: Instant meeting. 2: Scheduled meeting. 3: Recurring meeting with no fixed time. 4: Recurring meeting with fixed time.)
            $createAMeetingArray['start_time'] = $start_time;
            $createAMeetingArray['timezone']   = $data['timezone'];
            $createAMeetingArray['password']   = ! empty( $data['password'] ) ? $data['password'] : "";
            $createAMeetingArray['duration']   = ! empty( $data['duration'] ) ? $data['duration'] : 60;
            $createAMeetingArray['settings']   = array(
                'join_before_host'  => ! empty( $data['join_before_host'] ) ? true : false,
                'host_video'        => ! empty( $data['option_host_video'] ) ? true : false,
                'participant_video' => ! empty( $data['option_participants_video'] ) ? true : false,
                'mute_upon_entry'   => ! empty( $data['option_mute_participants'] ) ? true : false,
                'enforce_login'     => ! empty( $data['option_enforce_login'] ) ? true : false,
                'auto_recording'    => ! empty( $data['option_auto_recording'] ) ? $data['option_auto_recording'] : "none",
                'alternative_hosts' => isset( $alternative_host_ids ) ? $alternative_host_ids : ""
            );
            return $this->sendRequest($createAMeetingArray);
        }

try {
	$z = $zoom_meeting->createAMeeting(
		array(
			'start_date'=>date("Y-m-d h:i:s", strtotime('tomorrow')),
			'meetingTopic'=>'Talk Test',

'option_host_video'=>true,
			'option_participants_video'=>true,
			'join_before_host'=>false,

'timezone'=>'Asia/Seoul'
		)
	);
	print_r($z);
}

Hi @citrus7g,

Can you try disabling your waiting room? If the waiting room is turned on, this will override the join before host setting.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Thank you.
I disabled the waiting room option. But the option didn’t work.

'waiting_room'=>false,

Hi @citrus7g,

Thanks for confirming. Are you passing a value for password? Please note that you will need either a password or a waiting room. If you don’t pass a value for password, the waiting room will default to on.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.