Situation where password is required when connecting to the host URL (start_url that received by API)

Yesterday, I made a room using API (I recieved ‘start_url’ which was returned through API)
And then, I accessed the URL(start_url) and could enter the room as host. (at that time I was logged out on Zoom)

But, now, when I connect to the same URL(start_url), I get a message that “if you are the meeting host, sign in to start the meeting”.
With the same URL, I entered the room as a host yesterday, but I can’t enter it today. why?

Hi @citrus7g,

Can you share the request and response that contained the start url, as well as the meeting ID? I’m happy to take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks,
Will

Thank you.

This is the start_url I returned.

This is the result page.
If it’s start_url, shouldn’t I enter the room as a host without logging in?

Hi @citrus7g,

Was it over two hours between meeting creation and did you use the original URL that was returned in the Meeting Create response? I should note that this URL expires after 2 hours. After this, you will need to call the GET Meeting endpoint to fetch a refreshed start_url.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Hi, Will. Thanks.

What does it mean that ‘was it over two hours between meeting creation’?
This is the json data received in response to the meeting creation.

The start_url response below was made at 2020-11-18T00:45:36Z.
So, are you saying that I can’t access the room as host without logging in after 2 hours?

Does that mean that the meeting room is only valid(as a host without logging in) for 2 hours from created_at?

Can’t I create a meeting room whenever I can always take the role of the host?

Why do I get this message “If you are th meeting host, sign in…” when I log in the days after I make the start_url?
Is there any restriction to playing host without logging in when accessing start_url?

{“uuid":“3G6JPI6NS9GHn278RQwrHg==”,“id”:75466610615,“host_id”:“tZkWDVFzSoSQ2xb0hhQcJA”,“host_email”:"ccccg@gmail.com”,“topic”:"(run2 - 11/18 09:45:35)",“type”:3,“status”:“waiting”,“timezone”:“Asia/Seoul”,“agenda”:“meeting test”,“created_at”:“2020-11-18T00:45:36Z”,“start_url”:“https://us04web.zoom.us/s/75466610615?zak=eyJ6bV9za20iOiJ6bV9vMm0iLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJhdWQiOiJjbGllbnQiLCJ1aWQiOiJ0WmtXRFZGelNvU1EyeGIwaGhRY0pBIiwiaXNzIjoid2ViIiwic3R5IjoxMDAsIndjZCI6InVzMDQiLCJjbHQiOjAsInN0ayI6IlowRUZ2R1BQMUZNTFRLS0UzcVkwbzdYbHQ2ZTdZTnphNlBnUE1jN2xBaFEuQmdVZ2NuUldkVVptZGpsVFpYSkRLMHQ1VUZGblJtbHdiek00VEU1V1ZIbFlaMmxBTVdWaVlXUTBPR1ZqTmpreE5tUmpORGRtWXpFM01qZ3dNalF4TWpjNU5qZG1aREV6WWpZd01ERmtOMlF4TWpnME9EUXpZV0kxTURjMU16Sm1aREJpT1FBTU0wTkNRWFZ2YVZsVE0zTTlBQVIxY3pBMCIsImV4cCI6MTYwNTY2NzUzNiwiaWF0IjoxNjA1NjYwMzM2LCJhaWQiOiJmd19OMWg3YVJCNlphV3ZQOThUSXlRIiwiY2lkIjoiIn0.vPfhbmYKQttiTjJV85FkIO68x2qXXOonN7g-6FhNa3s",“join_url”:“https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75466610615?pwd=UHAxYjNSb0VYRnV5ZTdnRHk5QlZIQT09”,“password”:“set_passwd”,“h323_password”:“2793507029”,“pstn_password”:“2793507029”,“encrypted_password”:“UHAxYjNSb0VYRnV5ZTdnRHk5QlZIQT09”,“settings”:{“host_video”:true,“participant_video”:true,“cn_meeting”:false,“in_meeting”:false,“join_before_host”:true,“mute_upon_entry”:false,“watermark”:false,“use_pmi”:false,“approval_type”:2,“audio”:“both”,“auto_recording”:“none”,“enforce_login”:false,“enforce_login_domains”:"",“alternative_hosts”:"",“close_registration”:false,“show_share_button”:false,“allow_multiple_devices”:false,“registrants_confirmation_email”:true,“waiting_room”:false,“request_permission_to_unmute_participants”:false,“registrants_email_notification”:true,“meeting_authentication”:false,“encryption_type”:“enhanced_encryption”,“approved_or_denied_countries_or_regions”:{"enable”:false}}}

Hi @citrus7g,

Good questions—happy to clarify!

What does it mean that ‘was it over two hours between meeting creation’?
This is the json data received in response to the meeting creation.

The reason I asked was because after 2 hours, the start_url that is returned in the original create meeting api response will expire. The meeting itself is still valid, but the start_url will no longer work, and will need to be refreshed by calling the GET Meeting endpoint to retrieve a new one.

The start_url response below was made at 2020-11-18T00:45:36Z.
So, are you saying that I can’t access the room as host without logging in after 2 hours?

You can, you will just need to generate a new start_url by calling the GET Meeting endpoint.

Does that mean that the meeting room is only valid(as a host without logging in) for 2 hours from created_at?

No, just the start_url—which can be refreshed.

Can’t I create a meeting room whenever I can always take the role of the host?

Yes

Why do I get this message “If you are th meeting host, sign in…” when I log in the days after I make the start_url?

This means the start_url is most likely expired (after 2 hours)—call the GET Meeting endpoint to generate a refreshed start_url for the same meeting.

Is there any restriction to playing host without logging in when accessing start_url?

If you grab the start_url from the GET Meeting API or the Create Meeting API response, this should not require you to login.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

Thank you for always giving kind and detailed answers.
Any questions about this topic have been completely resolved.

Thank you so much!!

Anytime—glad I could help @citrus7g!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.