Iframe for the join link

We need to start zoom call from our web app and have user to stay inside our app. To perform that we were opening zoom meeting link inside iframe and it worked well until today. Now we see that ‘X-Frame-Options’ is set to ‘SAMEORIGIN’ and we can’t follow zoom invitation link inside iframe. Maybe there is some extra params we can use for that?

Hey @mark1,

Sorry this happened, the issue should be fixed now. Please try again and let me know.

Duplicate post:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

No its still the same.

Thanks @mark1,

We are working on a fix. I will post back here with updates!

-Tommy

Hey @mark1,

This should be fixed now. Please let me know if it works!

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks so much now it works.

1 Like

You are welcome, apologies this happened!

-Tommy

Hi Tommy,

The issue appears to be back again for us.

We are using the solution suggested last time by embedding the web client into an iframe as there were some issues with the web sdk around video and audio, but it looks like Zoom has set X-frame-Options deny on the webclient when I look at the headers in the request which has broken our app.

Kind regards,

Rory

Hey @rory.street,

We are looking into this. Looks like this is only still happening with the /wc path. As an alternative you can use the /j and /s for embedding meetings in iFrames. This might require a few extra clicks for your users, but should be a workaround until we get /wc working again.

To Start Meeting:
https://zoom.us/s/meetingID

To Join Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/meetingID

Will get back to you asap once our engineers have taken a look.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

Unfortunately that work around means the user needs to have the Zoom client installed.

The way we currently had it working was that Zoom was embedded into our application so that users could see who was currently speaking and they were also able to screen share with them.

Kind regards,

Rory

Hey @rory.street,

The user can click the open in browser option to join the meeting via the Web Client and stay inside your application.

If they do not have Zoom installed:

If they have Zoom installed:

Thanks,
Tommy

IS there any ETA in when this issue with X-Frame-Options would be resolved??

Hey @aswin.harikumar7, @rory.street and everyone,

We will have this (/wc path) fixed in a release coming this weekend.

Thanks again for your patience.

-Tommy

Thanks @tommy!

I can confirm embedded Zoom video, audio and screen sharing are now working inside our our meeting app.

Rory

1 Like

Happy to hear! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hello,
We have been trying to embed our Zoom Webinar in and iFrame, and are coming across that Zoom is letting 3 people join through the iFrame in our website, but then the 4th person it pushes to the zoom website and launched the meeting on Zoom instead of our website…is there a fix for this?

Hey @FLMurphy,

Can you please provide more details about your issue like steps to reproduce and your iFrame code?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy
Thank you for your reply.
We used the code below to embed our Zoom webinar on our website, which is hosted by square space.
The steps we took to embed zoom, created a webinar, used that webinar ID in the code below. we tried it with the registration link as well as the join webinar ID, we had the same result with both that 3 of us could join via the iframe and stay in the iframe, but the rest of the people redirected to the Zoom page.

< div class=“iframe-container” style=“overflow: hidden; padding-top: 56.25%; position: relative;”>
< iframe allow=“microphone; camera” style=“border: 0; height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%;” src=“https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_aRuBdVtATGSE9qD8z4GDBg” frameborder=“0”>< /iframe>
< /div >

Those of us who were testing were on Apple devices, but the attendees will most likely be on both Apple and PC products.

Thank you!

Hey @FLMurphy,

Can you please clarify what you mean by Zoom page? Screenshots would be helpful.

What browsers are you testing on? Also, do all of you have the Zoom app installed? I wonder if it is opening the Zoom app to join the webinar if you have the Zoom app installed.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
it takes them to this screen.

We tried it in Google Chrome & Safari, we also tried to do it on computers with the Zoom Application installed and computers without the zoom application installed, and we got the same result, where it would let 3 users in on the iframe , and then direct the rest to zoom.us page.

Thank you
Leahe