In-meeting Chat Automation

Summary
I want to automate chat messages based on whether I recognize a user in a weekly Zoom meeting.

Details
I would be happy with an existing Zoom App but don’t find one that does this after checking CRM related apps, so am figuring I need to code it myself. Using windows 10 for zoom host, preferred dev environment is .Net, c# or VB.

Would want this Zoom App to be installed only on the Host connection, should require no extra install for client/meeting participants.

Desired workflow:

1. User logs in to zoom meeting.
  2. Host’s App checks local database to see if username (mac address?) is recognized.
    2a. If recognized, has user logged in recently?
    2a1. Yes - Send Message A - “Thanks for coming back again today, click here to see our event schedule this week.”.
    2a2. No - Send Message B - “Welcome back! Let us know if you have questions. Click here for information about participating in other events.”.
    2b. If not recognized
    2b1. Send Message C - “Nice to meet you, thanks for joining us! For more information, click this link .”.

And so forth, defining criteria based on user/mac address and whatever information we store about last time we saw them in one of our meetings for example, as a customized/automated participant engagement mechanism to invite participants to other Zoom events depending on whether they know us well or just recently found us.

So 2 questions:

1. Is there a zoom app(s) that already does something like this?
  2. If not, is a Zoom SDK able to support this type of function (if so which one)?

Thanks!

Hey @UUYO,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. To make sure that I understand, are you referring to In-Meeting chat or are you referring to Zoom Chat?

If you are referring to sending in meeting chat messages, this currently isn’t possible.

However, when it comes to Zoom Chat you can create a ChatBot. You can find more information here:

Essentially, you would want the user to have your chatbot installed and then you can use the credentials to make ChatBot and OAuth requests.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.