In meeting UI questions

I am using the Android sample app to evaluate Zoom SDK. I cloned the repo last week. When I first ran the sample app, the meeting screen was working OK. I saw the icons on the bottom of the screen and was able to navigate between them with dpad keys. Now, a few days later, I am no longer seeing any action when I use dpad keys. I cloned the latest repo today and I am still seeing this issue. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
I also tried enabling Customized UI in options. If I start a meeting in this mode, I see no icons on the bottom of the screen and DPAD key don’t bring them up either. From what I see in MyMeetingActivity.java and layout_meeting_option.xml, I should be seeing these icons. Has anyone tried Customized UI mode and has any suggestions?
Lastly, I have a question about the meeting screen if Customized UI is disabled. The layout for this screen doesn’t seem to come from the sample app. Is this screen handled by the libraries when Customized UI is disabled?

Hi iggie,

Thanks for the post. Are you referring to this sample app? https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/tree/master/mobilertc-android-studio/sample; What is the DPAD you are referring to? Do you have any screenshots for this issue?

Our SDK offers 2 different UI mode: Zoom default UI and Custom UI. The Zoom default UI provides exactly the same UI you see on Zoom client, and you are right, they are not written in the sample code. It is easy to use. The Custom UI allows you to draw your own UI so you have more flexibility, however, it requires more development effort since there are a lot of features.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Yes, I am referring to the sample app that comes with the SDK. I have a device without a touchscreen and I have a USB keyboard connected to it. I am using the arrow keys (left, right, up and down) and Enter to navigate around the screen and that’s what I was referring to when I mentioned DPAD keys. The standard UI was working with these keys a week ago and now key presses are being ignored.
As far as Custom UI goes, I see resources and classes in the sample app to implement it, so why would it not be working?

Hi iggie,

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like it is a special device so our SDK might not natively support it. You may try to customize the key action events(https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent) and make it work with your DPAD keys, but that’s out of the scope of the SDK.

Hope this helps. Thanks!