Inconsistency in scopes required for meeting.participant_joined webhook event

** meeting.participant_joined**

Description
I have a user-managed OAuth app which has meetings.write scope. The consent page for the app lists the following under Product usage.

Information about how people and their devices interact with Zoom products, which may include when participants join/leave, whether participants sent messages and who they message with, performance data, and other usage information and metrics.

When I try to add the meetings.participant_joined webhook event for my app I see that the meetings:read scope gets automatically added, which means that users now have to re auth for this scope to activate. This behaviour is not expected as the older consent screen clearly mentions that the event should be accessible with the meetings:write scope. It seems that scopes needed for this event have been miscommunicated. I am stuck due to this.

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
*1. Create a user managed OAuth app with meetings:write scope.
*2.Try to perform the OAuth flow.
*3. Check under Product Usage.

Hi @akundu
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer forum and welcome to our community, I am happy to help here!

The issue you are seeing is expected. In order for you to have access to the meetings.particiant_joined webhook event, you need to have the meeting:read scope enabled.

Allow me to reach out to the Marketplace team for clarification about the message displayed on the consent page.

1 Like