Webhook for a user joining meeting on another account

Description
I have a user-level oauth app. If a user joins a meeting it is hosting, then the client app receives the meeting.participant_joined webhook event. However if the users joins a meeting in another account, the client app does not receive an event. Only user.presence_status_updated webhook is fired.

Error
Exception: Failed error_code=404, error_text=b’{“code”:3001,“message”:“Meeting 999999999 is not found or has expired.”}’, url=/v2/meetings/999999999

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
User Level Oauth App + Webhooks

Which Endpoint/s?

Hey @JagLoop99,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This is the expected behavior. In order to receive events about meetings on another account, you’ll want to create an OAuth App and publish that to the Zoom Marketplace.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

I have a user level OAuth app - that is in not published yet To clarify, once I publish that app to the Zoom Marketplace the app will receive events about a meeting that a user joins hosted by another account? Even if that other account does not have the Oauth App installed? Or does this imply all endpoints need to install the app?

thanks
Jag

Hey @JagLoop99,

Once your app is published, the user will need to install and authorize the application before you start receiving webhook events for that user.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.