Integerate Zoom with wordpress/custom php website

I’m trying to integrate Zoom meetings into my online UAE job board website, DubaiVacanciez, to allow recruiters and job seekers to connect remotely. I have created a Zoom account and obtained the API credentials, but I’m having trouble getting the Zoom API to work with my PHP code. Specifically, I’m trying to use the Zoom API to create and manage meetings programmatically. Can anyone help me troubleshoot my code and suggest best practices for integrating Zoom meetings with my website?

@rabiasheikh7999 Hope you will be fine.

Please DM me here so that we can discuss your query. Thanks

Do we need extra APIs to build a site like this one [https://thebgmiapk.com/]

Hi Rabbia,

Sure, I can help you with that. To troubleshoot your code, I would need to see the specific code you are using and any error messages you are receiving. However, I can give you some general tips and best practices for integrating Zoom meetings with your website:

1. Make sure you have enabled the Zoom API and obtained the necessary credentials (API key and secret) from the Zoom App Marketplace.
  2. Use a Zoom API wrapper library for PHP to simplify the integration process. Some popular ones include the official Zoom API PHP Library and the Zoom PHP API Wrapper.
  3. Follow the Zoom API documentation and use the provided examples as a starting point. Make sure to include error handling and validation for user inputs to avoid security vulnerabilities.
  4. Test your integration thoroughly before releasing it to production. This includes testing meeting creation, management, and joining from both the recruiter and job seeker perspectives.
  5. Consider implementing additional security measures, such as using OAuth to authenticate users and limiting API access to specific IP addresses.

I hope these tips help. Let me know if you have any further questions or need specific help with your code.

Regards
Olivia Devid

@rabiasheikh7999 We maintain the Zoom plugin for Moodle and it is written in PHP. While there are several Moodle-specific elements in the code, the general API integration may be helpful: moodle-mod_zoom/webservice.php at main · ncstate-delta/moodle-mod_zoom · GitHub

To integrate Zoom with a WordPress or custom PHP website, you can follow these steps:

1. Create a Zoom account if you haven’t already done so.
  2. Go to the Zoom App Marketplace and find the WordPress plugin or PHP SDK that suits your needs. Install and activate the plugin or SDK.
  3. Configure the plugin or SDK with your Zoom API credentials. You can find your API credentials in the Zoom Developer Dashboard.
  4. Use the plugin or SDK to create Zoom meetings, webinars, or other events directly from your WordPress or PHP website. You can also embed Zoom video conferences on your website using the plugin or SDK.
  5. Test the integration thoroughly to make sure it’s working correctly.

Keep in mind that the specifics of integrating Zoom with your website may vary depending on the plugin or SDK you’re using and your website’s specific setup. Consult the documentation or support resources provided by the plugin or SDK for more detailed guidance. Recently I was integrate zoom video on my Speed test copel DDDcodigo sites.

1 Like

Certainly! Make sure you’re using the correct Zoom API endpoints and double-check your API credentials. Ensure your PHP version supports the required features. Utilize the Zoom API documentation for clear guidance on endpoints and payload structures. I am also handling my Jobs Website. Consider handling errors gracefully and implementing proper security measures, like validating input and using HTTPS. Finally, for a smoother integration, explore any available SDKs or libraries that simplify Zoom API interactions in PHP.