Interact with rename button

Hello, I am a small developer of android and desktop applications, I would like to know if there is a way in which I can interact through a keyboard shortcut or something similar with the “rename” option. I am making a basic keyboard for people with difficulties in tech and I need to switch between usernames only with a key combination, such as when hand is raised: alt + y. Example: there are two people sharing a PC, and by raising your hand to be able to alternate the name between user 1 and user 2, I hope you can give me more light in this regard.

Hey @poyocadena,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

If you are willing to create an SDK application, you could write a program to listen for keyboard events and then call the rename method available in the SDK.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

But would this only work for an application of mine or could my keyboard be integrated into any zoom app?

Hey @poyocadena,

Through the SDK, it would only work in your app. If you would like to build an add-on to the standard Zoom client, you can look into creating a Zoom-app: Zoom Apps | Zoom

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you very much for your kind answers, finally, in theory … if you could make a zoom-app that controls the keyboard shortcuts and customize your own, adding a shortcut: change name?

Hey @poyocadena,

I believe this should be possible, however I am not a Zoom Apps expert. I would reach out here to confirm: Zoom Apps | Zoom

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.