Interfaces for reordering of gallery view

Hello

Thanks for the SDK update - the new access to multi-pin/spotlight is really useful.

At the moment there doesn’t appear to be any interfaces to the gallery re-ordering functionality, and no way to disable that feature programatically through the client. Would it be possible to get access to some of these in the future. While the ideal would be the ability to return an ordered list of the video views as a first step simply being able to reset the layout and/or disable the ability to rearrange the layout in the client would be a big help.

Thanks

Richard

Hi @richard1, glad to hear you are enjoying the new SDK version!

Unfortunately, the only way you could control the ordering programmatically would be by implementing a custom UI and managing that entirely yourself.

We could submit a feature request to enable this in the default UI, but I fear that it may be a very long time before we would be able to release a new version with this due to the complexity associated with this feature.

Thanks!

Thanks Jon - thought as much. If it was possible to at least expose the ability to reset the view back to it’s normal state that would be ideal. A second priority would be the ordered list (without the ability to change it) just so we have a way of knowing what the app is doing.

I don’t believe I could replicate the functionality in customUI as it would only affect my instance and wouldn’t reflect whatever the host had set.

Thanks

Hi @richard1,

Thank you for understanding. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, it would not be straightforward to implement this in a custom UI. You would certainly need to host a service of some sort to manage the state of this and communicate state changes to all clients. I will be sure to let you know if we come up with a better workaround for this or are able to add this behavior to the SDK in the future.

Thanks!