Invalid arguments error when trying to start meeting using ZAK

I am running into an error when trying to start a meeting owned by the current user using their Zoom Access Token on Android. I’m using SDK version 5.7 and initializing the SDK with a key/secret and using OAuth to get an access token. Here is the flow of what I’m trying to do.

1. The user clicks a “start meeting” button
  2. A called is made to “https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/zak” to get the user’s ZAK
  3. I then set up a StartMeetingParamWithoutLogin object, as specified in this documentation, and try to start the meeting like so:
StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin params = new StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin();
params.meetingNo = meetingItem.getMeetingIdAsString();
params.zoomAccessToken = zakToken;
params.displayName = "Test Name";
params.userId = currentUser.getId();
params.userType = MeetingService.USER_TYPE_ZOOM;
int result = meetingService.startMeetingWithParams(getContext(), params,
        ZoomMeetingUISettingHelper.getStartMeetingOptions());
if (result != 0) {
    //If the result isn't a success we want to clear this state
    Log.w(TAG, "Could not start the meeting. Error code: " + result);
}

The error code I am receiving is 99, which means “Invalid arguments” according to these documentation pages.

I have provided all the fields in the StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin class, ensured that the context and opts are also provided, and therefore am not sure what arguments are invalid and therefore cannot make them valid.

I saw a similar post in the dev forum where the answer suggested that the error code 99 meant the device was not supported, per global error code, but I verified that startMeetingWithParams() returns a MeetingError and the SDK reference pages confirm the MeetingError code 99 is invalid arguments.

Any guidance on how to approach this, as the documentation does not provide any regarding this error?

Hi @bfrisch, thanks for using the dev forum.

Can you please confirm the version of the SDK you are using and whether you are providing a non-empty value for the zoomAccessToken and userId fields? Based on my testing on v5.11.10 of the SDK, the params you are using should be valid.

Thanks!

We are using version 5.7. We have relied on the login with email functionality that was last available in this version but are currently trying to refactor to the ZAK token so we can upgrade to newer versions of the SDK.

I can also confirm that the ZAK token is successfully being retried from the aforementioned endpoint and is non-empty. Same for the user ID.

@jon.zoom turns out the error was in how the SDK was getting us the user name. This is not shown in my code example for brevity’s sake, but it turns out it was returning an empty string for the display name, which appears to be what caused the invalid argument error.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.