Invalid JSON format

Our webhook application stopped working after the weekend. You apparently changed the JSON format to have single quotes ’ instead of double quotes "

Error
JSON standard allows only double quoted string as property key
JSON standard does not allow single quoted strings

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Try getting the json of a webhook request.
Specifically the event subscription when a user joins or leaves the meeting.

Is this an intended change or will it be fixed?

Hi @daniel.kohn,

Thank you for reaching out about this—Can you please share which webhook you’re seeing this on? If you could provide a sample payload, this will help us to take a closer look.

Thanks!
Will

Hey Will,

I am using a webhook with the event subscriptions “meeting.participant_joined” and “meeting.participant_left”. To get the json data I am using Python with request().get_json() which worked without problems until recently.

Here’s a payload sample:
{'payload': {'account_id': 'XXXXX', 'object': {'uuid': 'XXXXX==', 'participant': {'user_id': '16XXXXX', 'user_name': 'XXX', 'id': 'XXXX', 'join_time': '2021-01-12T12:40:04Z', 'email': 'XXXXX'}, 'id': 'XXXX', 'type': 8, 'topic': 'Virtual-Office ', 'host_id': 'XXXXX', 'duration': 1410, 'start_time': '2021-01-12T12:40:04Z', 'timezone': 'Europe/Berlin'}}, 'event_ts': 1610455207456, 'event': 'meeting.participant_joined'}

Thanks,
Daniel

Hey @daniel.kohn,

Thank you for providing additional information. I tested this internally and wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. It seems this is related to the Python code itself. I’m by no means an expert when it comes to Flask or Python but some initial digging indicated that the Flask.request().get_json() function actually returns a Python class instead of JSON.

This is covered in this Stack Overflow post as well:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.