Invalid Signature with production credentials

Hello, I’m experiencing an error when trying to log in with my production credentials (the development credentials work perfectly and I can log into the meeting without any issues).

errorCode: 3712
errorMessage: “Firma no es válida.”
method: “join”
result:“Invalid signature.”

To create the signature, I have done the following:

var signature = ZoomMtg.generateSDKSignature({
meetingNumber: MEETING_NUMBER,
sdkKey: CLIENT_ID,
sdkSecret: CLIENT_SECRET,
role: MEETING_ROLE,
success: function (res) {
},

}); 

Where for MEETING_ROLE I have tried both values 1 or 0.

The signature is generated correctly as I can see it with console.log,
I’ve seen in some forums that they add a timestamp because the time may differ, but I don’t know how to do it with ZoomMtg.generateSDKSignature. Could this be the issue?

Clarification:
The app I am configuring is not published. However, I followed the instruction to “To use production credentials without publishing your app, please generate an Authorization URL.” However, I don’t think it’s a requirement for the production credentials to work to publish the app, after all, I am doing a web implementation.

The scopes I added to the app are:
Scopes

Meeting
meeting:read, meeting:write

Recording
recording:read, recording:write

User
user_zak:read, user:read, user:write, user_info:read

Team Chat
chat:read, chat:write

Why could this be happening?

Thanks.

@leandromutti

if you are getting error code 3712, there is a possibility that

• on your General App, Embed Tab, the meeting SDK toggle button is currently in the “off” state
  • you have not published your application yet, and the production credentials are not valid at this moment. ← this is more likely for your scenario, since dev credential works

Thanks for your time! My app hasn’t been converted yet, but when I do convert it, I see the meeting is “disabled.” Should I still proceed with the conversion?

And 2) I will publish my app

What do you think @chunsiong.zoom

@leandromutti conversion is optional. Let’s publish to fix the issue first without introducing factors

@chunsiong.zoom

I am filling out the fields for the various pages, which I am supposed to put in the “Documentation URL” if my app is not added, it is not linked to the user, I just want to use the credentials?

Any idea? thanks for all

@leandromutti you need to enter these if you want to use the production credentials

Production credentials are used when you publish your app. The key benefit of publishing your app, is that you will be able to join externally hosted meetings

@chunsiong.zoom , I made a mistake choosing the correct type of APP in Develop-> Legacy App. I choose “Zoom App” (the first option, and activate the SDK Credentials) and It works

Thanks for your help

1 Like