ionic 4
cordova.plugin.zoom 4.6

To Reproduce(If applicable)
I have had the following issues:

1. I tried to run the following command:
    npm install cordova.plugin.zoom
    npm install @ionic-native/zoom
    ionic cap sync
    and ionic install the apk on device but when I use a zoom function I have the following error: ‘plugin_not_installed’ Install the Zoom plugin: ‘ionic cordova plugin add cordova.plugin.zoom’

2. I run the command ‘ionic cordova plugin add cordova.plugin.zoom’ then I add last platform of android (8.1.0) with minSdkVersion=21 and targetSdkVersion=29 but i have the following error: ‘AAPT: error: attribute android:foregroundServiceType not found.’

3. Then I have tried the following solution:
    After upgrading to v4.4.55968.0904 error: failed processing manifest
    setting the build-extras.gradle file in 'plugins/cordova.plugin.zoom/src/android/biuld-extras.gradle but I have the following error: “A problem occurred evaluating script. Project with path ‘:commonlib’ could not be found in project ‘:app’.”

Screenshots

1. Then I’ve made the changes suggested here:
    Integration with Ionic5 Capacitor and Vuejs - #2 by carson.zoom
    copying the file commonlib.aar and mobilerct.aar also in libs directory but the error has remained.

2. Finally, I added "include ‘:commonlib’ " on the top of build-extras.gradle, but I have this error "A problem occurred evaluating script.

Could not find method include() for arguments [:commonlib] on project ‘:app’ of type org.gradle.api.Project."

With each change I remove the android platform and add it again.
Where am I wrong? What can I do to fix the problem? The plugin is very complete and I need to use it.

Hi @alb,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for sharing your attempts. Our Ionic SDK does not support Ionic Capacitor, you will need to use ionic-cli to build the SDK, and the Ionic SDK only supports the Angular project. Please also make sure you have included the required dependencies as mentioned in https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ionic#prerequisites; You may cross-reference the configurations in our demo app https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-ionic.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the answer.
I already use ionic-cli to build the APK and mine is an angular project. I also set everything as in the link, installed the necessary plugins and the correct versions of the sdk. Having always the same problem, I tried to download your demo app and follow the guide you suggested

but I still have the problems listed above:

‘Project with path :commonlib could not be found in project :app’.

If I uninstall the plugin everything works properly.

Hi @alb,

Thanks for the reply. This sounds unexpected. Let me forward this to the engineering team for further investigation and get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

Any update on this issue? I’m having the same problem with the newest version. After upgrading to 4.6.21666.0512 the build fails throwing the error ‘attribute android:foregroundServiceType not found. error: failed processing manifest.’

I already tried to change build tools to 29.0.2 and both compileSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion to API 29 but still getting the error.

I am also getting the same error after updating the newest version 4.6.2

AAPT: error: attribute android:foregroundServiceType not found.
error: failed processing manifest.

Please resolve this error asap as user are unable to join the meeting with old version

1 Like

I have the same issue, with the lastest version : cordova.plugin.zoom 4.6.21666.0512 “Zoom”

Error
sample-app-ionic-master/platforms/android/app/build/intermediates/merged_manifests/debug/AndroidManifest.xml:159: AAPT: error: attribute android:foregroundServiceType not found.

Hello here the same problem.

Description
Ionic 4 fails to build for IOS.

Which version?
ionic 4

Update the packages to the following versions and close the app when I try to enter a meeting.

"@ionic-native/zoom": "^5.26.0"
  "cordova.plugin.zoom": "^4.6.2166-6.512",

try to go back to the previous version but it doesn’t work.

When you start the application the console throws this at me:

2020-06-03 20:42:06.492032+0400 SETTLE[24590:8388888] zoomService initialize

2020-06-03 20:42:06.666533+0400 SETTLE[24590:8388888] [logging-persist] os_unix.c:43353: (0) open(/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/EC199900-EE54-4B3D-8F9C-AF7BA346A3D7/Documents/data/zoomus.tmp.db) - Undefined error: 0

2020-06-03 20:42:06.674551+0400 SETTLE[24590:8388888] [logging] table zoom_meet_participants already exists in “create table zoom_meet_participants (itemID integer64, name text, avatar text,snsID text, snsType integer, deviceID text,roleType integer);”

2020-06-03 20:42:06.675606+0400 SETTLE[24590:8388888] [logging] table zoom_kv already exists in “create table zoom_kv (key text, value text, section text);”

when i join the call this comes out_

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>

**int** main( **int** argc, **char** * argv[])

{

**@autoreleasepool** {

**int** retVal = UIApplicationMain(argc, argv, **nil** , @"AppDelegate");

**return** retVal;

}

}

Hi @developer2,

Please have a try with the latest version https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ionic/releases/tag/v4.6.21666.0603 and this issue should be fixed.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

If you are facing issues on Android and getting AAPT: error: attribute android:foregroundServiceType not found., please try the following:

1. Install the following
ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-androidx
ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-androidx-adapter
  1. Add the following in your config.xml
<preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="22" />
        <preference name="android-compileSdkVersion" value="29" />
        <preference name="android-build-tool" value="29.0.2" />
        <preference name="android-targetSdkVersion" value="29" />
  1. [Important] When adding the Android platform support, please add using the following:
ionic cordova platform add https://github.com/apache/cordova-android.git

Since the current released version of cordova-android does not support Android SDK API Level 29, please install the latest version from their Github repo, which supports Android SDK API Level 29. Please see the following links:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you! It works! :blush:

Glad to hear that it is working. Happy Zooming!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Working for Android! Took a while to compile but nevertheless it’s working. Thanks!

Glad to hear that! Let me know if any other questions. Thanks!

Thanks, now working for android.