IPreMeetingServiceDotNetWrap.ListMeeting() claims API is uninitialized

Description
While all other services/controllers are working fine, the premeeting service returns SDKERR_UNINITIALIZE when ListMeeting() is called.

Which version?
v4.6.21666.0428

(.NET 4.7.1 WPF application using C# 8; VS2019; target x86.)

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Initialize the SDK
  • Perform user login by email address
  • Try to list meetings with the code shown below:
private async Task TryListMeetings()
{
    TaskCompletionSource<ulong[]> tcs = new TaskCompletionSource<ulong[]>();
    var wrap = CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetPreMeetingServiceWrap();
    wrap.Add_CB_onListMeeting(Callback);

var result = wrap.ListMeeting();
    // result is always SDKERR_UNINITIALIZE
    // The callback is never executed
    await tcs.Task;

void Callback(PreMeetingAPIResult result, ulong[] meetingIds)
    {
        tcs.SetResult(meetingIds);
    }
}

Expected result:

• result is SDKERR_SUCCESS
  • callback is called with meeting IDs

Actual result:

• result is SDKERR_UNITIALIZE
  • callback is never executed

Additional context

Everything else in the API seems to be working (or at least nearly working; I’ve encountered a few bugs to work around, but nothing particularly nasty). I’m obtaining the PreMeetingService in exactly the same way as all the other services.

I can’t see any extra kind of initialization I need to perform, and the samples I’ve looked at don’t have anything that I can see either.

Hi jonskeet,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for sharing your findings. May I confirm the following:

• Since the SDK initialization and the login requests are async requests, you could only perform any other actions after you receive the success status in the callback. Are you getting this error after you were successfully initialized and logged in?

I will forward this to the engineering team for investigation. Thanks!

Yes, both SDK initialization and login have completed successfully. I’ve been able to access the display name of the signed-in user, and I can start scheduled meetings as them if I have the meeting ID already (which I can’t do without performing login first) so it looks like the login really has completed successfully.

Hi jonskeet,

Thanks for the reply. This sounds unexpected. I have forwarded this to the engineering team for further investigation. If we identified an issue, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Any update on this? Or a possible workaround? Having the same issue under the same circumstances.

Hi @MisterShea,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. What is the SDK version you are using? Could you provide the SDK log for us to further investigate? If you would like to list the meetings, an alternative solution would be using Zoom API:https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetings

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

My SDK version is v5.0.24433.0616. I’m using the C# Wrapper (same version) and I tried using both the raw git version and prepping the folders using the instructions found here. No luck. I think maybe the whole GetPreMeetingServiceWrap() isn’t working, as CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetPreMeetingServiceWrap().CreateScheduleMeetingItem is returning nothing. Authorization seems to work fine, and I’m getting LOGINSTATUS.LOGIN_SUCCESS from GetAuthServiceWrap().Add_CB_onLoginRet, so I’m assuming my login is working. Program is on .NET Framework 4.7.2.

I’m not sure how to pull the SDK logs, unfortunately. Do you have any instructions I can follow? Tried adapting instructions I found here by hard coding enableLogByDefault = true in both my program and the wrapper, but not seeing any files at %appdata%\zoom\logs.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Looks like I figured out what it was. I had to use CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.Initialize right before calling the GetPreMeetingServiceWrap(). Going by the demo included with the wrapper, I thought running it once during app startup was all that was necessary. I’m assuming that’s by design and I was just misunderstanding how it worked.

Probably just going to run with your suggestion and use the standard Zoom API for everything. Thanks for your help.

Hi @MisterShea,

Thanks for the reply and for sharing your findings. Glad to hear that it is working for you now. I will go ahead and close this thread. Please feel free to create another post if any other questions. :slight_smile: