Is access to raw video data comming any time soon?

Hi Zoom team.

I’m glad that the Video SDK was finally released for Flutter. It has most of the functionality we need for our project but it is missing access to video frames. I would like to know if there any chance that we will get this functionality soon. If not then when it may happen (if it is in your plans)?

Since it is important for my team to have access to video frames we had to use different service, namely LiveKit, to be able to capture frames. Although their implementation is not perfect but you may implement it as a temporary solution. Basically they are saving the frame on device (by some generated path) and then return the byte buffer read (in Dart layer) from this file. It actually works good enough for our purposes and I would really appreciate if someone will guide me on how to do it myself or if this feature will be added in the nearest future to the official Flutter SDK.

Thanks in advance

Any hints on this one? Maybe someone from the team that is developing Flutter SDK may give some feedback?

Hi. Can someone from Flutter SDK dev team comment on this one? Are there any plans for this functionality, if yes then what are the estimated dates?
@chunsiong.zoom I’m not sure how Zoom team take part in discussions and reply to new discussions so I guess I have to tag at least someone from Zoom team. Maybe you can give some sort of feedback on this one. Thanks.

Hi @oleksandr1 ,

Thank you for your question and apologies for the delayed response. I am checking on if/when this feature will be available, and will reach back out with an answer as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Rehema

1 Like

Hi @rehema.zoom ,

Thanks for feedback. I also want to highlight one more thing. The latest version (1.9.0) is not available at pub.dev. The only way one can get the latest version of SDK is to navigate app creation page, which is very confusing.

Hi @oleksandr1 ,

At this time, the only way to access raw data is through the native SDK app for flutter.

Also, I will this feedback along. Thank you for pointing this out.

Thanks,
Rehema

Hi @rehema.zoom ,

Native SDKs are not an option, since we have a big project and video call is only a part of it and it won’t be appropriate for us to rewrite everything in native, especially considering the fact that it should be done for two platforms.

As far as I understand it is not even in the roadmap, right? So if I want something like that then I have to figure it out myself?

Hi @oleksandr1 ,

No, at this time it is not on the roadmap, as access to raw video is only available on native across all platforms for the Video SDK. I will, however, pass this feedback along to the appropriate parties and see if there’s a suggested method to use to achieve your original goal.

Thanks,
Rehema

Hi @rehema.zoom ,

OK, got it. Thanks for help. Have a great week.

I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the capabilities of the Zoom SDK for Flutter in our ongoing project. However, we are exploring a rather unique feature – the integration of dynamic backgrounds. Our vision involves allowing users to personalize their video backgrounds with dynamic content, and I’m eager to understand if this is something that aligns with the current roadmap or if there are unconventional approaches we can explore.