Is it possible RawData Recording using ElectronJS Meeting SDK?

Is it possible to record raw data using electronJS meeting SDK:

*if yes then I am facing a problem SDK No Permission issue when trying to CreateRenderer as I already achieved raw recording using Windows SDK. But that need to be done using ElectronJS SDK wrapper,

Note: There is no any StartRawRecording API in the wrapper.

I am trying to achieve that using ZAK and local recording token but facing above mentioned SDK No Permission issue.

Electron Meeting SDK → v5.12.0.11229

Thanks,
Naeem Ahmed

@freelancer.nak, is there a specific reason you’re trying to use the ElectronJS meeting SDK instead of the Windows meeting SDK? (as staff mentions here, the Electron SDK has limited dev support and the Windows SDK is recommended)

@amanda-recallai Yes, b/c cross-platform supportability of electronJS. I have already done Windows Meeting SDK raw recording which is working fine.

Can you please confirm that it is possible that mentioned ElectronJS Meeting SDK version supports raw recording?

Thanks,
Naeem Ahmed

Hi @freelancer.nak , ElectronJS does not support raw data like some of the other Meeting SDKs.

@gianni.zoom I asked in the Zoom support chat they replied it is possible. But If you are mentioning not possible then OK. Is there any possibility of future availability of raw recording with electronjs meeting SDK?

Thanks,
Naeem Ahmed

@gianni.zoom @amanda-recallai please reply to my query above :point_up_2:?

@amanda-recallai @gianni.zoom :point_up_2: . Thanks

Hi @freelancer.nak , where did support say it was possible with ElectronJS? I could be mistaken, but there may be some confusion. Please sign up for our developer newsletter and monitor our changelog for updates to each type of SDK :slight_smile:

@gianni.zoom Thanks for the quick reply. Please update us about any near future availability.

:point_down:

Thanks,
Naeem Ahmed

Hi @freelancer.nak , Apologies. I had referenced incomplete documentation previously when I said raw data is not supported by ElectronJS! Here is the documentation for raw data with Electron.js although there is not a raw recording feature like with Windows:

https://marketplacefront.zoom.us/sdk/meeting/electron/zoom_rawdata.js.html
https://marketplacefront.zoom.us/sdk/meeting/electron/module-zoom_rawdata.html

Perhaps the guidance highlighted here can help as well: Meeting SDK vs Video SDK for raw data access

@gianni.zoom is this raw data feature working right now b/c as mentioned not publically availableble here → Support fully customize UI with Electron SDK? - #13 by sam.decrock.

Any near future availability RawDataRecording with ElectronJS Meeting SDK?

Thanks,
Naeem Ahmed

@gianni.zoom @amanda-recallai Please reply to :point_up_2: last comment. Thanks

Thanks,
Naeem Ahmed

@gianni.zoom @amanda-recallai Unable to start raw-data using ElectronWrapper please watch → Loom.

Thanks,
Naeem Ahmed

Hi @freelancer.nak ,

Thanks for providing this. I will look into this further and see if we have updated support/guidance for electron raw data.

Hi @gianni.zoom, waiting for your direction. Thanks

Hi @freelancer.nak ,

I just conferred with the development team and they said that raw data with the electron wrapper may not be performant/operable and it is not fully supported at this time. We recommend using the raw data with our native meeting sdk options!

We’ll update our electron reference documentation with this context so it’s clearer for everyone going forward.

Thanks for your help with making our documentation better!

@gianni.zoom Thanks waiting for your response about feature availability.

Hi @freelancer.nak , just to confirm, it is not available with the electron wrapper at this time and the guidance is to try using one of the native sdk options linked in my last response.

@gianni.zoom I got that. We have already native sdk raw recording which is working fine. And my last response is totally about future feature availability. Thanks

@gianni.zoom any update? Thanks