Is it safe to use start_url for users outside of our account?

Description
Is it safe to use start_url (webinar) to our end-customers? meaning different users outside of our account.
We have zoom account with 9 licensed user.
So this 9 licensed user uses JWT to create a webinar for our end-users (outside of our account).
These end-users will be the host of the webinar

Error
I am not sure if this is safe?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Zoom Webinar

Which Endpoint/s?
Zoom Webinar

Hi @third.party_20190621,

Good question—start_urls are intended for the meeting/webinar host to start the meeting/webinar, and we do not recommend sharing these widely outside of your account.

Thanks,
Will

I see.
Is there anything we can do to make user outside of our account be the host but it needs to be a webinar.

Is this flow possible

1. our zoom account creates a webinar.
  2. when the user outside of our account will start the webinar (from our app), we will use oauth and make him an alternative host/main host?

Will this still be a webinar even though the user outside of our account does not have webinar license?

Hi @third.party_20190621,

Since the alternative_host will need to be under the same account as the main host, one recommendation could be to consider provisioning a user specifically for this role under your account. I don’t believe you’ll be able to designate an alternative host even with OAuth.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.