Is occurrence_id guaranteed to be the timestamp of the original date/time of the occurrence?

When creating a recurring meeting, the list of occurrences contains the occurrence_id and start_time for each occurrence of the series.

If a single occurrence has changed times from the original series, the start_time will reflect that new time. The ocurrence_id doesn’t change (which is good) and seems to be a timestamp of the occurrence’s original start_time.

Is it safe for me to rely on ocurrence_id being the timestamp of that occurrence’s /original/ time in the series, regardless of what start_time might or might not have been changed to?

Thanks

Hey @Adam_Wulf,

I am unaware of the occurrence_id being a timestamp. What is your use case for wanting to know the original time the meeting was scheduled for after it has been updated to a new time?

Thanks,
Tommy

I have a recurring series of events in a calendar, and would like to map to/from calendar/zoom events. I could possibly store the occurrence id mapping and treat it opaquely, but for various technical reasons it’d be very convenient to not store anything additional at all, and instead simply compute the occurrence id based on the recurring event’s original start date.

For instance, if i see a zoom occurrence has changed its start date -> i can lookup my calendar’s event based on its original occurrence date (which we already index our database by). Syncing the mapping of instance date <=> occurrence id through CalDAV will add a lot of size to an event, and i’d rather not sync that extra data if not strictly necessary.

Hey @Adam_Wulf,

I see, yeah I would handle this on the calendar side / your side to be safe. I would say occurrence_id is not guaranteed to be the timestamp.

Thanks,
Tommy