Is there a way to publish a client web SDK app on the zoom marketplace? What are the rules around monetizing such an app?

Description
Is there a way to publish a client web SDK app on the zoom marketplace? What are the rules around monetizing such an app?

Which Client Web SDK version?
Knowing the version can help us to identify your issue faster. [e.g. 1.8.5]

Hey @pranavp802 ,

There is no way to publish an SDK app to the marketplace, and no need to do so. :slight_smile:

You can see our terms of service about monetizing: Resources | Zoom Trust Center

Thanks,
Tommy

I see in section 2.7.21 that:

Except as allowed by Zoom in writing, derive monetary gain or income from the use or provision of the Zoom APIs.

Is there a process to receive approval from Zoom to monetize?

Hey @pranavp802,

Good question! That section is primarily referring to reselling/whitelabeling Zoom services. We don’t allow reselling or “whitelabeling” Zoom services unless you have a partnership with us.

However, if you have a product that users pay for and you want to integrate your product with Zoom that is absolutely allowed.

Let me know if that clears things up.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Is there any way to get more formal clearance to monetize a product that leverages your APIs (whether through a partnership or otherwise)? My team is ideally looking for something in writing.

Hey @pranavp802,

Thank you for clarifying. You may be interested in becoming a ISV Partner based on what I’m hearing. You can get in contact with our ISV team to learn more about becoming a partner.

Thanks,
Max

Just reached out to them, but it seems like the email they provide (isv@zoom.us) does not exist. Let me know if there’s another address by which to contact them!

Sorry about that, try isvsupport@zoom.us and let me know if that works.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.