Is there any support for flutter

I want to build my app in flutter so is the SDK support flutter?

2 Likes

Hey @kamal1, duplicate post:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I am kicking off this, as we have a need for zoom in a flutter application. First version will be rough as it will just suite our needs, but happy to send open it up after that.

Hey @kevinbayes, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

I will pass this as a feature request to our engineering team and we will look into the possibility of supporting this in the future.

Thanks!

That would be great. The only thing I am struggling with is including the zoom sdk for ios.

I have tried a few iterations but when I run the example app in flutter the init of the mobileRTC always fails to load resources resulting in a NSInvalidArgumentException NSBundle initWithURL exception.

Has anyone on your team tested adding the ios SDK to a flutter plugin

Just an update, I integrated zoom into a flutter plugin for iOS and Android, android was great, iOS always makes me upset. Ill post a link to the POC here when 100% working, I won’t have time to polish it.

Hey @kevinbayes,

Glad to hear Android worked great!

Thanks, looking forward to the POC.

-Tommy

Its ugly for now, but it works. https://github.com/decodedhealth/flutter_zoom_plugin

1 Like

That’s great! Thank you for your contribution!

-Tommy

@kevinbayes I’ve actually started using the plugin, it’s wonderful that you’re working on it and make it available, just added 2 issues on the GH repo, hope you can have a look. cheers!

3 Likes

Thanks again Kevin! :slight_smile:

Must praise @kevinbayes! After a long discussion on the plugin repo, He actually pushed some gradle configuration updates to my app’s repo so the plugin can work.

Can’t thank you enough @kevinbayes

2 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for your support @kevinbayes! :slight_smile:

-Tomym

I updated the plugin a little based on some feedback from @shahar. So now if you use the master branch it contains the zoom iOS sdk plugin that is made for submission to the app store and a master_dev branch that can be used for simulators.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks @kevinbayes!

-Tommy

If I may make a request here… rather than just rely on people coming here and adding “+1”

Flutter more popular on SO than react-native and xamarin

Hi jbb,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for the request. I will forward this to the engineering team. We really would like to support as many platforms and frameworks as we can, so that more people could use our SDK to build awesome apps, however, we do have limited bandwidth so it takes time.

Thanks!

It will be appreciated if SDK on Flutter can be provided.

Hi @Northcloud,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for the request. I will forward this request to the engineering team.

Thanks!

Is there a timeline for your product release with a flutter SDK? It’s a make or break decision for me on Zoom SDK as I already have a flutter app. I would have liked to integrate Zoom SDK for live webinars.