Is there any way to use picture in picture mode without custom ui?

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
v5.7.6.1918

The regular zoom ui has almost everything I need - except the picture in picture button. Is there an option I am missing, or is custom ui the only way to achieve this?

Similar question for auto-joining the audio on joining a meeting, and

Hi @a.diament, thanks for the post.

When using the default UI, you can enable the minimize meeting button by calling ZoomUIService#enableMinimizeMeeting.

It seems that your second question was cut off, but I’ll try to answer based on the available information. Let me know if I’m misunderstanding. You can programmatically join audio via InMeetingAudioController#connectAudioWithVoIP, so when joining a meeting you could check the state of InMeetingAudioController#isAudioConnected to see whether or not you should attempt to connect to the meeting’s audio.

Thanks!

Thanks Jon that’s great - I am now calling zoomuiservice.enableminimize meeting. This does let me minimize the whole app and use other apps. What I am after is to minimise the video window, and to be able to continue using the rest of the app that launches the call, with a small video window in the corner of the screen.

I have this working in custom ui in another project, so I know it is possible using that. But just wondered if there is any way to achieve that with default ui?

I am trying to use audiocontroller to start the call unmuted - using SetMuteOnEntry - it doesn’t make a difference though and I always have to choose dialin /wifi calling to unmute manually.

Hi @a.diament,

When you minimize the meeting, your MeetingActivity instance will stay active by default. If you want to navigate to another Activity within your app, you could add logic inside of the afterMeetingMinimized callback to start another Activity. From there, if the user clicks on the mini meeting window, they will navigate back into the MeetingActivity.

I am trying to use audiocontroller to start the call unmuted - using SetMuteOnEntry - it doesn’t make a difference though and I always have to choose dialin /wifi calling to unmute manually.

The setMuteOnEntry method is not meant to be used before joining a meeting. It is for the host to control participants’ mute status when they join a meeting. The approach mentioned in my previous reply should get you the behavior you are looking for, so let me know if I can clarify any further around how to approach implementing that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Thanks @jon.zoom

That is working - I now get the mini meeting window above my desired activity. However upon minimizing the meeting my video and audio switch off. Is that expected? Is there a way to change that behaviour?

Hi @a.diament,

Minimizing the meeting shouldn’t turn off your video or audio. When you are testing this, are there other participants in the meeting? If you are the only participant, it usually will show your picture in the mini window.

I am not aware of any scenarios in which your audio status would be affected by this. Is it muting your audio or completely disconnecting from meeting audio?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.