Is there a picture in picture mode?

Description
Can zoom sdk implement picture in picture mode on android 6.0?

Hi johntyty2,

Thanks for the post. Do you mean to minimize the video window and allow it to display over the apps? If so, if you are using Zoom default UI, this feature is not supported yet. If you are using Custom UI, we have this feature available and implemented in our demo app: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson_Chen,

When I pressed this button, it will just leave the meeting and no any minimized video window appear.
Is this button the minimize button?

it works now, turns out it works only when the meeting status is inmeeting :joy:

Hi johntyty2,

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that it is working now. The minimized video window appears if and only if there are 2+ participants in the meeting, based on the screenshot it looks like there is only 1 participant in the meeting.

Let me know if any other questions. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

When I tried out the demo app to minimize the Zoom call window, the floaing window only display my own video, not the presenterā€™s video. Is it the expected behavior? If so, how to display the presenterā€™s video in the floating window?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Guangda,

Thanks for the post. The current video shown in the mini window is the active speaker as you can see here:

So whoever is speaking will be shown in the mini window. If you would like to show other userā€™s video, you may change the view.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thanks Carson! thatā€™s very helpful.

Glad to hear it is working. Happy Zooming!

Hello, Iā€™m using the example application, even with more than two participants he leaves the meeting.

Hi @mattheusgetstudio,

Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate on the issue you are facing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are mentioning with our demo app?

Thanks!

Hello, Iā€™m using the sample project, Iā€™m using a custom interface, I intend to minimize the window, but when I click on minimize, it leaves the meeting, isnā€™t it the behavior I expect, is there any possibility to minimize it?

Helloļ¼Iā€™m using PictureInPicture mode when video meeting.
but when I pressed share screen button,it will just black video window appear.
how can I get the video when using PictureInPicture mode?

Hi @mattheusgetstudio,

Yes, we are able to identify an issue in the demo app, which is the window minimized function is accidentally bind with the back button instead of the minimize window function. You may find the implementation of the minimize button in here: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/sample/src/main/java/us/zoom/sdksample/inmeetingfunction/customizedmeetingui/view/MeetingWindowHelper.java#L117

Thanks!

Hi @bingqing.zhu.bp,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. It seems like the view is not able to get and show the proper video view. Are you modifying the demo code? Could you provide the steps to reproduce this?

Thanks!

Thanks for answer my question.
The code has not been modify. I just use Picture In Picture mode when I shared screen.
Do you have any idea with this problem?

Hi @bingqing.zhu.bp,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried several times with our demo app but I am not able to reproduce the issue you are facing. Could you have a try with the latest version of SDK(Released this week)? Is this happening with a specific device or?

Thanks!

hey! Carson!
Thank you for reply me so quickly. I downloaded the latest version of SDK(v5.0.24433.0616),but the same problem was appeared.
My paterner tried this new SDK without my problem. I think it is relate to
specific device.My device is google pixel 4, Android 10.

Thanks!

Hey @bingqing.zhu.bp,

Thanks for the reply. Hmm, thatā€™s strange, we do not have the exact same device on our side so we are not able to test it. I have a Pixel 2, Android 10 here and I was not able to reproduce this issue. I will work with the engineering team on this and see if we could find any way to help you. Will get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

@carson.zoom
May I know how to close current meeting Activity or back to previous Activity after calling MeetingWindowHelper.getInstance().showMeetingWindow(activity)?