Is there raise hand interface for the host?

When we try to raise hand with the host we get error 5. In there original zoom client there seems to be an interface for raise host hand. Does the macOS SDK have that too?

SDK Version: v5.4.54528.1230

Hi @tmiskiew, thanks for the post.

Are you only encountering this issue with the host (i.e. does it work as intended when the SDK user is a participant)?

Also, can you please provide a code snippet showing how you are raising the user’s hand?

Thanks!

@jon.zoom it works for participants doesn’t for host

func raiseHand(shouldRaise: Bool, userID: UInt32) {
let result = sdkMeetingActionController?.raiseHand(shouldRaise, userID: userID)
print(
“ZoomMeetingActionController: raiseHand: (result == ZoomSDKError_Success): errorCode: (String(describing: result))”
)
}
When somebody raise/lower hand, Zoom SDK calls this and provides the status if it is raised for a user.
func onLowOrRaiseHandStatusChange(_ raise: Bool, userID: UInt32) {
sendHand(isRaised: raise, userID: userID)
print(“ZoomSDKMeetingActionControllerDelegate: onLowOrRaiseHandStatusChange: userID: (userID), isRaised: (raise)”)
}

Hi @tmiskiew, thanks for the additional info.

There is definitely nothing being done incorrectly in the code you have provided, so I will be sure to let you know as soon as we have an update/fix for this.

Thanks!

Hi @tmiskiew,

Looking into this further, I discovered that the ability for the host and co-host to raise their hand was only recently added to the client. This will need to be added to the SDK in a future release. Until then, it is expected behavior that, since you cannot raise your hand as host in the default UI, it would not work programmatically either.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom
I know it was added recently and thought you didn’t have the chance to add it yet. Thanks for clarification though!

Also please note that the SDK UI already shows the also recently added filters (you know like add ears or pig nose) but has no function. You cannot even use this functionality with your mouse because it doesn’t work. Maybe you can point this out to your team. Maybe they could hide it as long as it doesn’t work?

Hi @tmiskiew,

Glad I cloud clarify on that!

Regarding the video filters, the client update that included these filters was added far back enough that they should be working properly in the SDK. If they are not working in your application, it sounds like something is wrong. I just tested them out in the sample app and they worked as expected. Are you seeing this issue within the default settings UI, or when attempting to apply the filters programmatically?

Thanks!

I see it in the default UI. I’ll try again tomorrow and will let you know.

Hi @tmiskiew,

It definitely should be working in the default UI. If you are able to reproduce this when you try tomorrow, could you please provide the following information to help debug on our end:

• Logs from the session
  • Whether or not this applies to all filters, or just a couple of specific ones

Thanks!

Yes’ why not…follow these two steps.

1. During a meeting on the Zoom iPhone or Android mobile app, click on the three horizontal dots, labeled “More”. …
  2. In the pop-up at the bottom of your screen, tap “Raise Hand.”