Need to have Raise Hand in Custom UI

Hi,
i need to have Raise hand icon in custom ui version, how i can show that?

how to implement that?

Hi f.abdulaziz,

Thanks for the reply. You may leverage the following callback:

/*!
 @brief The function will be invoked once user raises hand.
 @return The ID of user who raises hand.
 */
- (void)onSinkMeetingUserRaiseHand:(NSUInteger)userID;

When this callback is triggered, you may present your own UI for this.

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

This callback is working fine as a panelist in a webinar. But when the user is an attendee, the callback is never triggered. Is there an other way to know if a user has his hand raised?

Thank you for your help
Nicolas

Hi @nicolas.bonnet,

Thanks for the reply. Since the attendee in the webinar is view only, so it won’t trigger the callback onSinkMeetingUserRaiseHand, this is by design.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,
II can see that, in your own webinar, you are showing the option to raise hand. You also react on lower all hands. How do you manage to do that?

Hi @nicolas.bonnet,

Thanks for the reply. You could leverage the following interface to raise hand and lower hand:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

Yes this is what I am doing but my initial message was to understand how do I know if my hand (as an attendee) is raised or not. Since attendee is view only, I can’t rely on onSinkMeetingUserRaiseHand. Please advice.

Thank you for your support.

Hi @nicolas.bonnet,

Thanks for the reply. The default state of the hand is not raised. You may leverage the MobileRTCMeetingUserInfo.hadRaised to check whether a user is raising hands.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @carson.zoom, thank you for the reply and sorry for the long discussion but can you tell how can I get the MobileRTCMeetingUserInfo of myself when I am an attendee?
Best Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply. To get the user info of the current user, you may:

1. Use MobileRTCMeetingService.myselfUserID(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-ios/category_mobile_r_t_c_meeting_service_07_user_08.html#a14da351c3518334cde1afe87c6462062) to get the user ID of the current user(Not matter the user is the host or the attendee)
  2. If you are in the meeting, you may use https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-ios/interface_mobile_r_t_c_meeting_service.html#acb60d7f17ce841a42fae4e531ca3eb3a to get user info. If you are in the webinar, you may use https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-ios/interface_mobile_r_t_c_meeting_service.html#a83b25f4bb47679facf93635975b3cec3 instead.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Carson,

This is a never ending conversation. I am in a webinar as an attendee and I want to know if my hand is raised. According to your last 2 messages I should use MobileRTCMeetingUserInfo.handRaised and to get userInfo I should use attendeeInfoByID:. But as you know attendeeInfoByID: is returning a MobileRTCMeetingWebinarAttendeeInfo and therefore I don’t have the property handRaised. It would have been much simpler if you said that this is not possible to know the state of “handRaised” as an attendee in a webinar. Did I miss something?

Best Nicolas

Hi @nicolas.bonnet,

Thanks for the reply and pardon the confusion. Yes, currently it is not supported to get the handraised information for an attendee in a webinar. I have forwarded this as a feature request to the engineering team and we will add it in the future release.

Thanks!