Issue with Zoom /meetings/{meeting ID}/recordings API Route Not Returning MP4 Files

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s) Zoom API: Get Meeting Recordings

Description I am trying to fetch meeting recordings from the Zoom API using the /meetings/{meeting ID}/recordings route. In most cases, I am able to retrieve the MP4 file of the recording, but sometimes I only get a VTT and a TIMELINE file in the response. I am wondering what could be causing this inconsistent behavior, and if there is any way to ensure that I always receive an MP4 file in the response.

Error? No specific error message. The issue is that the API response does not consistently include an MP4 file for every meeting.

How To Reproduce Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials or sensitive info like emails, uuid, etc.) / Body:

bash

GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{meeting ID}/recordings
Headers:
  Content-Type: application/json
  Authorization: Bearer {access_token}
  1. Authentication method or app type:
  • OAuth
  1. Any errors:
  • No error messages, but the API response sometimes does not include an MP4 file in the list of recording_files.

Hi @nselvidge ,

Are you seeing the inconsistent API returned response across the same meeting id? Can you please document each time everything is returned as expected as opposed to not? If you have that, I’ll follow up with a private message for those examples so we can better isolate/decipher what’s happening.

Hi @gianni.zoom ,

thanks for the reply. The response is consistent for a given UUID. I can share a few Meeting UUIDs that are working and a few that are having this issue in a DM!

@gianni.zoom , oh actually checking again it looks like a specific user never has the video file in their responses. We work with several other users within this same zoom account who aren’t running into this issue who I have successful responses for, but I don’t have any successful responses for this user.

Hi @nselvidge ,

I will follow up in a private message for you to share additional context/support that could be relevant. Thanks!