[Issue] - Zoom Web SDK with picture-in-picture mode

Description
Hi all, I have other problem with PiP (picture-in-picture). After joined a meeting, I need enable PiP feature for req “The video window should be constantly forced on top of any game that is open”. (We are trying to create a video call when playing a game)

At this point, I can use the Javascript on Chrome bellow:
let canvas = document.getElementById(‘sv-active-video’);
let videoWrapper = document.createElement(‘video’);
videoWrapper.muted = true;
videoWrapper.srcObject = canvas.captureStream(60);
videoWrapper.play();
videoWrapper.requestPictureInPicture();
It’s worked, but if I minimized the browser or switch to other browser tab => The PiP is freeze until I active again the meeting tab.

So, can you please review it and suggest for me something to resolve it?

BTW, I want to ask if I can create a 1-1 meeting? I’ve read the API docs, but it’s seem can not.

Which version?
@zoomus/websdk”: “^1.7.7”

Hey @manh.nguyentuan,

So we are on the same page, you are trying to customize the Web SDK streams?

Can you share a screenshot or GIF of the issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, so sorry for the later feedback. Also, I’ve attached a video at Google driver that to explain my issue. Please download (Zoom issue video) and review it.

“you are trying to customize the Web SDK streams?” => No Tom, my expect are I can enable the PiP mode (on Chrome & Safari) without freeze issue.

It’s great if your team can resolve it.

Hey @manh.nguyentuan,

We will look into this issue and get back to you. (CS-2043)

Thanks,
Tommy

Many thanks @tommy. Please let me know if your team has resolved it. thanks in advance!

1 Like

Will do! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, any update on this?

Also, please let me know if I can see the CS-2043 status?

Hey @manh.nguyentuan,

No updates yet, I have just asked engineering to look at it as soon as possible.

The status can only be seen internally. I will keep you updated here on the fix.

Thanks,
Tommy