"Join from your browser" link is still showing even after disabling it from the settings

Hi,

We use a leader Zoom account which has scheduling privilege of multiple zoom accounts and we use the leader account only to create meeting on behalf of other accounts.

We recently figured we don’t get user_email when a user joins from the browser, so to stop this, we disabled Join from your browser option from the leader zoom account’s settings.

But it turns out, the option is still available there. It doesn’t show up initially but when a user closes the prompt to open Zoom Client then it shows up. From our understanding, the link to “join from browser” should be disabled always. Can someone please clarify?

Hey @saurabh,

Can you confirm the master account settings for “Join from browser” is locked?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi,

Turns out I was checking the wrong page for the settings. I was changing option in profile settings page but actually I should have done that in the account settings page.

Thanks for the info. I will change it accordingly and let you know if we face any issue.
BTW, you guys should put some kind of distinction in these settings page.

1 Like

Thanks @saurabh, yes please let us know if you run into any issues! :slight_smile:

Also thanks for the suggestion!

-Tommy

Hey @tommy,

The issue still exists. I created a meeting (id: 670467122) after changing the setting and used the same steps I mentioned above.
Could you please do something about it?

Here is the screenshot:

Hey @saurabh,

I tried to reproduce your issue, but the link was properly not displayed. Although I never saw the “prompt to open Zoom Client” when testing in Chrome.

Can you send me a screenshot of the “prompt to open Zoom Client”?

Are you only seeing this in Chrome?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Please find the video clim here: https://www.loom.com/share/ab0f5214bbce4f9a82d13fad29965716

Hi @tommy,

Any updates on this?

Hey @saurabh,

Thanks for sharing, what version of chrome are you on?

Can you please support a ticket to https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can assist further as this forum is for questions about our APIs and App Marketplace.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

I’m using Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90
And I have raised a query with the support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/1746097

Hey @saurabh,

Saw you had a meeting with support. Were they able to solve the issue?

Also here is how to disable the “Open Zoom.us” popup and always open the Zoom Client automatically:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

No the query is still open. Adding a few team members who are leading that conversation. +akshay Sharma +Shivang Nagaria +Tushar Bisht

Hey @saurabh,

Here is how to disable the “Open Zoom.us” popup and always open the Zoom Client automatically:

In the meantime our engineers are looking into this. JIRA: ZOOM-114556

Thanks,
Tommy

Since this forum is for questions about the Zoom App Marketplace and APIs, please open a support ticket at support.zoom.us for further assistance.

Thanks,
Tommy