Join meeting from a locked Phone

Description
We’re currently using version 4.4.55968.0904. In this version, when trying to join meeting from a locked phone, we get prompt to enter the lock pin code and then the meeting is joined. When upgrading to the latest version we don’t get the prompt and can’t join the meeting. Can you help us?

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Get a push notification with meetingId when the phone is locked
  2. Join meetingId
  3. Cannot join

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Any locked Android device

Hi idit.barash,

Thanks for the post. Are you trying to join a meeting when the screen is locked? Let me forward this to the engineering team for further investigation.

Thanks!

Yes, I am trying to join a meeting when the screen is locked.
In previous version I got prompted to enter pin code. In the latest version it doesn’t work

Any update on this issue?

Hi idit.barash,

Thanks for the reply. I have confirmed with the engineering team, we did not have any limitations or updates that will block you from what you are trying to do. Does the prompt you are mentioning from SDK or from your app? Since the join meeting by clicking the notification and join from the locked screen behavior is not from our SDK so we are not very sure why you are facing this issue. Maybe you could try to disable the SDK’s meeting notification by using disableShowMeetingNotification(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/MeetingSettingsHelper.html#disableShowMeetingNotification-boolean-) and see if there are any conflicts causing by the SDK notification with your own notification.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,
I think I was misunderstood. Our code works perfectly with Zoom. We don’t join from a notification, but from a specific activity we implemented. When the screen is locked, we’re not getting a prompt - we’re getting the lock pinpad of the phone to enter the phone’s pin code and join the meeting. This doesn’t happen in the latest Zoom SDK.
Maybe we’ll go a different way - the only reason we wanted to upgrade the SDK is because we understood that there are security updates. How critical are they? Maybe we just won’t upgrade.

Thanks, Idit.

Hi Idit,

Thanks for the reply. We will always encourage developers to upgrade to the latest version of SDK since we have a lot of enhancement(not only security related) and new features. However, if the latest version does not work for you, you may continue using your current version at the moment. If there is any critical issues that needs an upgrade, we will mention it in our changelog and the release note.

Hope this helps. Thanks!