Join Meeting Infinite Load

When trying to “Join” a meeting, we get an infinite loading screen with no errors in the console. We’ve tried this on 2.01 and 2.10

function startZoomMeeting()
{
	ZoomMtg.setZoomJSLib('https://source.zoom.us/2.1.0/lib', '/av');
	ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm();
	ZoomMtg.prepareWebSDK();
	ZoomMtg.i18n.load('en-US');
	ZoomMtg.i18n.reload('en-US');
	let leaveUrl = 'our-leave-page';
	ZoomMtg.init({
                debug: true,
		leaveUrl: leaveUrl,
		success: (success) => {
			ZoomMtg.join({
				signature: signature,
				apiKey: apiKey,
				meetingNumber: meetingNumber,
				userName: userName,
				userEmail: '',
				password: '',
				success: (success) => {
					console.log(success)
				},
				error: (error) => {
					console.error(error)
				}
			})
		},
		error: (error) => {
			console.error(error)
		}
	})
}

For some reason, it says I’m not allowed to embed media items, so I can’t provide a screenshot.

• Device: PC
  • Browser: Chrome and Brave
  • Browser Version
    • Brave - Version 1.32.113 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • Chrome - Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @emdrremote ,

Is this your first time trying the SDK or was it working with previous versions? Can you please send me the link to the source code you’re using if building from one of our sample apps?

Thank you,
Gianni

This is the first time using the SDK. Why wouldn’t it provide an error if it’s failing? I’m not using any source code. Just loading your SDK files and creating the meeting.

Here is signature generation which I use along with the code provided above:

$time = time();
	$role = 1;
	$api_key = 'mykey';
	$api_secret = 'mysecret';
	$meeting_number = 'mymeetingid';
	$data = base64_encode($api_key . $meeting_number . $time . $role);
	$hash = hash_hmac('sha256', $data, $api_secret, true);
	$_sig = $api_key . "." . $meeting_number . "." . $time . "." . $role . "." . base64_encode($hash);
	$signature = rtrim(strtr(base64_encode($_sig), '+/', '-_'), '=');

I was able to figure out that it was the passWord field named as “password”, which was recommended in another forum post. When I switch it back to passWord, I can get past the loading screen, but now I can’t get past the “passcode wrong” error message.

So I went and copied the sample code here:

to make sure that I didn’t mess anything up in my own app and I still get the passcode wrong issue. No matter what I specify as the password, or leave it blank, it displays that popup every time.

I have confirmed that the password in the meetingConfig and in the ZoomMtg.join match and I still get the prompt. And when the prompt appears, if I enter that password, it doesn’t work.

I’ve even gone into my Zoom account settings and made sure that all passcode requirements are turned off and it doesn’t help.

It looks like there are two issues, one is how passcodes are handled for host and one is trying to join as a guest:

Host
For the host, I was able to get in if I provide the Personal Meeting ID (PMI) passcode and then pass it via the join call. Whether or not this setting is enabled or disabled, I am required to provide the code for me to join as host. So is that setting isn’t working properly or is it only valid for non-host participants and host always needs to provide their passcode?

The infinite load is still an issue if I try to join with role = 0 for a guest. Still no errors provided even with “info” level logging on:

Action is triggered and the result is
zoom-meeting-2.1.0.min.js:2 lib state => isAudioConnected,true
zoom-meeting-2.1.0.min.js:2 lib state => isMicUnmuted,true
zoom-meeting-2.1.0.min.js:2 lib state => isVideoStarted,false
zoom-meeting-2.1.0.min.js:2 End
zoom-meeting-2.1.0.min.js:2 Action is triggered and the result is
zoom-meeting-2.1.0.min.js:2 lib state => isAudioConnected,false
zoom-meeting-2.1.0.min.js:2 lib state => isMicUnmuted,true
zoom-meeting-2.1.0.min.js:2 lib state => isVideoStarted,false
zoom-meeting-2.1.0.min.js:2 End

Update: The participant was able to join all of a sudden with no changes on our side. I’m guessing it is a setting that I changed in my Zoom account, but I don’t know because there was no error provided.

However, the issue with the passcode is still occurring. Host and Participants always have to provide a passcode when connecting with PMI meeting ID, no matter what. Doesn’t matter if the waiting room is active, passcode requirement is turned off, etc.

Hey @emdrremote,

Thank you for following up on this. From here, I’ll just want to check the meeting involved and the signature that you’re using. In order to share this, please provide a link to this thread in a ticket submitted through our Developer Support Center. We’ll investigate this directly through that ticket.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max, I have submitted a ticket with a link to this thread.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for this update, @emdrremote! We will continue to provide support/troubleshooting guidance there.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.