Join meeting then open as default with chat panel

I’m using ZOOM WEB SDK in with Angular 8,

I’m getting success in JOIN meeting using WEB SDK,
But I need one more thing like When connect successfully and Join Meeting done then chat window needed open by default.

I’m adding here screenshots,
What is the current situation and what I have to implement,

Please help me out in my trouble.

Current ,

Do like this,

Hey @yashs018,

There is no built in way to do this. You could however use JavaScript to toggle the display of the chat.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the replay,

After joining meeting function response
I try to implement click event on a chat button after 10 seconds so the view is ready in DOM, But can’t get success in that.

Have there any specific function or event, Where can I get the meeting is joined successfully and zoom view reader successfully?

Thanks, I get success, to open chat window

@yashs018 Glad that you were able to resolve the issue with opening chat.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

I have one other question regarding JOIN meeting,

Currently I’m using with ZOOM JWT App,

Have it possible to use for join meeting using O’auth instead of JWT app?

How can I generate signature using O’auth type application?

Please help me out from this!

Hey @yashs018,

You can only generate the signature from JWT app right now.

See our upcoming changes for details about additional auth for the Web SDK:

Thanks,
Tommy

@yashs018 please could you tell me how do you get success to open the chat on javascript?

Hey @houssam.hammoud,

Are you having issues opening the Chat window? Do you see the Chat button? Are there any errors in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy all is good thanks

1 Like

Happy to hear! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy can you guide me with some example of how to toggle the display of chat have been trying but not success until now. thanks

Hey @JuanLopez,

You can enable or disable the In Meeting Chat via the isSupportChat property in the ZoomMtg.init object.

https://zoom.github.io/sample-app-web/ZoomMtg.html#init

Thanks,
Tommy

Did you get an answer on how to open this through javascript? I have isSupportChat set to true but doesn’t open on when a meeting is joined.

1 Like

Hi again @chris.w,

You can open the chat manually using javascript. Just add this inside your join success callback.

$('.footer-button__chat-icon').closest('button').trigger('click');

Thanks,
Alex

Absolute legend, worked. Thanks so much. Just out of curiosity, is there documentation for this that I am missing or did you find this out yourself?

Thanks again, Appreciate it.

1 Like

No documentation on this as it’s not an official feature, however I’ve done similar things with my own implementation of the SDK :slight_smile:

Glad it worked!

Alex

Great workaround @alexmayo :slight_smile:

1 Like

@tommy @will.zoom could you please suggest how to set popup view for chat by defaul instead of showing in sidebar…
Tthanks,
Swadeep