Join_url missing password

Description
Password param not included in join_url:

I originally thought this was due to occurrences but I eventually found one that did not have occurrences, so i am rewriting this post.

Looking at the differences from the meeting api (besides obvious meeting id, topic etc) the only differences were

• The host (but both part of the same group, and i can’t see any option to turn off embed pwd in links at the user level)
  • Created At - one created 2020-10-14 (no PWD) and the other at 2020-10-29 (has PWD)
  • Start Time

I can’t share the meeting ids in public though

My workaround was to be inject the pwd using the encrypted_password property if one didnt exist, but that will not work for webinars (not that i have detected it there yet)

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
/v2/meetings/{meetingId}

Hi @_Tim,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to help.

Is it possible to share your request URL and request body with the IDs and any PII masked? This will help me to take a closer look.

In the meantime, I believe that if your account-level password setting is unlocked, and you do not pass a password field explicitly in the request, the join URL will not contain a password by default.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.