Joining a registered meeting

I am following the tutorial Join a meeting, I followed all the steps in the tutorial: I created the meeting and a meetConfig object, then I configured the function to launch in the application .

When I ran npm run start in the app it shows me the black screen, but not the Join meeting button.

How do I join a recorded meeting with token ?

To join the recorded meeting, do i have to use JWT token ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hey @epenyblaise,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When you see this issue, are there any errors in the browser console? If so, please share them.

You can also test with our Sample Web App.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

In the Microsoft Edge browser console I get the errors :

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. at polyfill.js:129 
Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.  index.html:1 
Uncaught SyntaxError: Cannot use import statement outside a module index.js : 6.

In the console of Mozilla Firefox browser I only get an error :

Uncaught SyntaxError: import declarations may only appear at top level of a module index.js : 6
import { ZoomMtg } from '@zoomus/websdk'

Thank you for the answer

Hi @MaxM,

I fixed this error Uncaught SyntaxError: Cannot use import statement outside a module index.js: 6. but I still have errors in Microsoft Edge browser console :

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'inline' of undefined at ContentFiltering.apply (include.preload.js:2287) 
Unchecked runtime.lastError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. index.html:1 
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '{'  index.js:10 

In Mozilla Firefox browser console I got the error :

Uncaught SyntaxError: unexpected token: '{'   index.js:10:25

because of this line code in index.js : getSignature (meetConfig) {

Hey @epenyblaise,

Thanks for sharing that error. Are you able to share your index.js file? I’ll see if I can spot the issue.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

I tried to test with your source code,
then I filled out the forms and by clicking on the button Join and I managed to join the meeting.

I still have questions on this topic, as I am creating the virtual classroom so I wanted to know is it possible to integrate the codes of the JS sdk cdn zoom sources into my project?

Hi @MaxM ,

To join the meeting in the CDN Web SDK project, do I have to create the meeting in my zoom account?

Because I first created the meeting in my zoom account and then in the zoom sdk web project I filled out the forms with the meeting number and secret code (password) and also my email address and by clicking on the Join button I joined and I access the meeting.

Hi @MaxM,

How to create a form in PHP to have an id automatically when creating the meeting ?

What functionality should be used in PHP or JS to have an id automatically when creating the meeting ?

To display the list of meetings as in this two video, do I have to use CRUD (Create, Reade, Update, Delete) ?

Thanks,

Blaise

Hey @epenyblaise,

Yes, you’ll want to create the meeting under your account first and then host it with the Web SDK.

If you want to run CRUD operations for meetings on your account, you’ll want to use our REST API. From there, you can use the Create a Meeting API which will return the meeting ID once you’ve created the meeting.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

I want to display the meeting list with CRUD in a teacher’s profile.
I am in the process of creating the virtual classroom so that the teacher can do online lessons with the students.

To use the Create a Meeting API should I use POSTMAN ?

Thanks ,
Blaise

Hey @epenyblaise,

You can use any REST client you prefer in order to test with the API but we do recommend Postman as we have our Postman collection.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

I tried to test the meeting list API with this request https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/:userId/meetings in the body got message error :

"code": 1001,
 "message": "User does not exist: userId."

But with this request : https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/ I managed to display a list of users.

Thanks,
Blaise

Hey @epenyblaise,

The :userId portion of the URL is just a placeholder. You should be able to set userId in the parameters tab of the request.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

It’s working right now I use me instead of the userId value.

I have already tested the requests for the list meetings, get a meeting, but I have a problem with the request to create a meeting, update a meeting, delete a meeting.

To test the request to create a meeting I used this request: https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/meetings I get the results of an error message :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<error>
    <code>300</code>
    <message>Unsupported Content Type</message>
</error>

For update a meeting I used this request: https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{meetingId}, meetingId - is the id that contains numbers. I get the results of an error message :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<error>
    <code>300</code>
    <message>Unsupported Content Type</message>
</error>

Hey @epenyblaise,

Please make sure that you change the Content Type header on the headers tab to be “application/json”.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

I did what you advised me, I changed the Content Type header in the Headers tab to be “application / json”, but I still get the same message error with this request https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/me/meetings for create a meeting :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><error><code>300</code><message>Unsupported Content Type</message></error>

Hey @epenyblaise,

Thanks for following up. Are you able to send a screenshot of the body that you’re using? Make sure that it is set to Raw => JSON for these requests so that the body matches the Content-Type header.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Here is the screenshot of the POSTMAN body that I am using :

Hey @epenyblaise,

With the Create a Meeting API you’ll want to make sure that you provide a JSON body in Postman.

This means selecting the raw radio button and then selecting the JSON type from the menu that is shown after. Then you’ll want to provide a JSON object with at least a topic:

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,

I did what you advised me to do, but I still get the error message.