Joining Company Specific Meetings: us02web.zoom.us vs company_name.zoom.us

Description
The WebSDK joins meetings who’s invite is in the form Join Meeting - Zoom?pwd= but not meetings where https://<company_name>.zoom.us/j/?pwd= where the client sdk reports we are waiting for the host to admit us, but the host does not see us in the waiting room.

It seems that static/meeting.min.js sets the webEndpoint. Is there a way for us to override this, or is this a total read herring?

Any suggestions on what to check or try much appreciated.

Error
ClientSDK reports we are waiting to be admitted to the meeting. The host of the meeting reports we are not waiting.

Which Web Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Use the webSDK example code as given by Zoom.
Attempt to join a meeting hosted by a company that has close integration with zoom such that the url to join is in the format: company_name.zoom.us

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Desktop
  • Browsers: [Firefox & Chrome]
  • Browser Version [Firefox 87.0] [Chrome Version 90.0.4430.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Hey @dwane,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. So far, I haven’t seen this same issue and my account has a vanity URL configured.

Just to confirm, when you see this issue, are you clicking those URLs or you are just using that meeting information to join and you noticed that if the account has a vanity URL you see this issue?

First, I would try upgrading to the latest version of the Web SDK (1.9.1). As you’re using the Sample Web App, you should be able to pull the latest source from git.

Thanks,
Max

really appreciate the help thanks. Yes we were using the vanity URL (company_name.zoom.us). Further testing suggests the fact that we use a vanity url was a red herring, as we sometimes connect. We will continue to test, to see if the source of unreliability can be determined.

1 Like

Glad @MaxM was able to help you! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.