Join meeting with waiting room enabled causes loop on admiting

Description
When a host starts a meeting with the waiting room enabled (created with de zoom app for desktop) and a user try to join the meeting with the web sdk as a attendee he apperas in the wainting room for the host and the browser shows the message “Please wait, the meeting host will let you in soon”. After the host admit the user the browser screen shows the meeting but restart the join process again. With the waiting room disabled everything works fine.

Error

CREATE JSMEDIASKD INSTANCE <<<<<<<<
INIT JSMEDIASDK<<<<<<<<
resetWebclient

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a meeting
  2. Enable waiting room
  3. Join the metting as attendee
  4. Admit the attendee

Hey @victhor8,

Can you provide your code so I can reproduce locally. A github repo works best.

Also, are there any errors in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

I created the repository as you requested https://github.com/Victhor-Christianno/zoom-api-test. I removed the secret and the key for obvious reasons. The meeting number and the password I need to use are PMI

In addition to the messages I described earlier, the following error is displayed: net::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID.
This message is displayed even when everything works correctly (without the waiting room).

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @victhor8,

Let me get back to you on what I find.

-Tommy

Hey @victhor8,

I tested using your code and I was not able to reproduce the issue. Let me know if I did anything wrong from your flow:

1. Started an instant meeting with the Zoom Mac App with my PMI:

2. Enabled the waiting room via the security button:

3. Joined via the your Web SDK code and was placed in the waiting room:

4. Admitted the user who joined via your Web SDK code on the Zoom Mac App:

5. The Web SDK user was admitted into the meeting:

Did I do that right?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes, you reproduced perfectly only that in my tests the screen from step 5 appears quickly and then returns to the screen from step 3. This loop keeps repeating itself while the waiting room is activated.
One more detail is that the participant is duplicated every time I admit him to the waiting room, implying that the process was restarted.

Hey @victhor8,

That is strange. I cannot reproduce the issue using your code. Try upgrading to version 1.7.9 when it is released:

Or, try using passWord instead of the waiting room.

Thanks,
Tommy