Language settings affect selfie on switch to back camera

Hello,

We have really weird bug here that the project language settings affect selfie camera view for some reason.
When “Localization native development region” setting in Info.plist is NOT English region, switching selfie to back from front then camera view goes upside down and never be able to switch back to front.
No matter what, the “Localization native development region” must be set to English region to work selfie correctly.
Would you please take a look?

Thanks!

Which Mobile Video SDK version?
iOS SDK 1.1.1 or before

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Based on Zoom sdk’s sample app.
  2. Open Info.plist and set “Localization native development region” to “Japan”.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPhone 12 pro iPad

Hey @Jiro,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Would you be able to provide a video of this issue?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michale,

I uploaded it to youtube.

In the first half, I set the default locale to English and switched to the rear camera.
You can see that the image of the person on the tablet behind is taken correctly.

In the second half, I set the default locale to JAPAN and switched to the rear camera.
You can see that the camera image was taken upside down.
Also, the upside-down image is transferred to the Android smartphone next to it.
In this state, Switch-Camera will not work on the iPhone.

I added only authentication logic to your sample app. Then set default settings.

Thanks,
Jiro

Hi Michale,

FYI:
We researched the matrix of info.plist/project.pbxproj/Localizations.

Thanks,
Jiro

Hey @Jiro,

It looks like that youtube video was age-restricted so I am not able to view. Can you change that or provide a new video?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi,

Sorry, I removed age-restrition of the video.

Please retry.

Jiro

Hey @Jiro,

Thank you for doing that! The video is very helpful :slight_smile:
I ran the latest version from the Zoom Marketplace and I did not face this issue. However, I did notice you have the Zoom Watermark in your video which means you are using an old version. Can you try downloading the latest version/sample app and running this again?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

It’s a good news that the issue was fixed on the latest version.

But I’m using Zoom Video SDK 1.1.1 for iOS.
Is there a way to download newer sdk than this?

Thanks,
Jiro

Hey @Jiro,

Is it possible you are using the latest version of the SDK in an older version of the demo app?

Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

We’re using the latest version SDK . ( We think “the latest” is supposed to be “1.1.1”. )

The demonstration movie I posted above, was built from zoom-video-sdk-iOS-1.1.1/Sample&Libs.

We only added some JWT code onto it, but didn’t touch any code other than that.

If you say it is older version, please provide “newer version” of SDK. We’ll pleasantly test it.

Thanks,
Jiro

Hey @Jiro,

The latest version is indeed 1.1.1. Hmm that is strange, let me run some more tests.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Did you have any chance to test this issue? Please let us know if any updates. We’re still stuck with this issue and in the worst case we may need to freeze the project so please help.

Thanks,
Jiro

Hey @Jiro,

In every test I have run I couldnt reproduce. Can you capture the SDK logs and email them to me at developersupport@zoom.us?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

I send our test program to your email address.

Thanks,
Jiro

Hey @Jiro,

I have received your email and will submit a bug report for this.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.