Launch Zoom Client from browser without redirect?

Hey, we’re setting up use of the webSDK for a number of meetings. However, for Webinars we need to host to use the zoom client.

We can embed the join_url in a button, but this requires navigation away from the site and isn’t a particularly smooth process for the user. It’s okay, but I was wondering if there’s a way to just automatically boot the zoom client from within our website.

It looks like the androidSDK has this functionality, but I can’t seem to find it for web.

Thanks!

Hi @That-Tech-Guy,

You can use our Web Client as the join_url without leaving the website by replacing /j/ with /wc/.
https://zoom.us/wc/{meetingID}/join.

If you like to join with having the user type in their names you can base64 their names at the end of the url.
https://zoom.us/wc/{meetingID}/join?prefer=1&un={base64-firstname-lastname}

Let us know if you have any questions

Thanks

1 Like

Thank’s Michael!

That helps a ton!

1 Like

Let us know if you have additional questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey, I’m actually still a little bit confused on this one.
I’m trying to do this with the start url, which has a /s/ instead of /j/.

Is there a similar change for a webinar start url?

Also, how should I configure my html/javascript for this to work. It feels like if I drop this in an it will still redirect, although I could certainly be wrong about this!

Thanks again for your help.

Hey @That-Tech-Guy,

Correct, however to start a webinar you cannot use the Zoom Web Client. You must use the Zoom Desktop / Mobile Client.

Using the web client direct url it will not redirect. Here is an example of a url for joining webinars with the Zoom Web Client:

Thanks,
tommy

Hey Tommy, thanks for getting back to us. Also, I apologize if this is somewhere in the documentation.
So you told us what the uel is, but I have no clue what the un query param is in your example XD

Hey @That-Tech-Guy,

No worries, I should have mentioned! :slight_smile:

The un query param is the username, or name you want the participant to have.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help!

We’ve run into a slight problem, and that problem is that we need registration enabled.

We have a join link and were thinking we could load the join link in an iframe but when that link loads it creates a pop-up that asks the user if they want to open the zoom client. Is there a way to override the pop-up or just make it open the client immediately?

Hey @That-Tech-Guy,

Unfortunately right now the Zoom Web SDK and Web Client do not work with registration enabled.

As a word around, you could include a password as a query param like this:

&pwd=PASSWORD

Another resource that might help you is the Zoom URL schemes:

Thanks,
Tommy

we are trying to launch the zoom desktop client with this join url

sorry for the confusion

Hey @That-Tech-Guy,

You can either use the standard join url, for example: zoom.us/j/meetingID or use one of the URL schemes:

Thanks,
Tommy