Linux sdk resolution with single user max at 360p

Meeting SDK Type and Version
zoom-meeting-sdk-linux_x86_64-5.17.11.3885

Description
Now that I am recording raw data from a meeting with single user (myself) and the “bot/sdk” app no matter what I set I always end up with 360p raw data frames:
frame->width = data->GetStreamWidth();
frame->height = data->GetStreamHeight();
Log::info("w: " + to_string(frame->width) + " h: " + to_string(frame->height));
:hourglass_flowing_sand: w: 640 h: 360
I’ve tried both:
err = m_videoHelper->setRawDataResolution(ZoomSDKResolution_720P);
err = m_videoHelper->setRawDataResolution(ZoomSDKResolution_1080P);
I am on Mac M2, FaceTime HD, HD enabled;
bot is on AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor with 96GB ram;
both share 1gbps fiber …

Error?
no errors

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior including:
*1. Use the sample app
*2. Connect to meeting with single user
3. Browser/client type and version

@ivan6 ,

This sounds familiar, could you try with 3 users (including the bot?)

Hey @ivan6 ,

We build meeting bots at scale and have run into similar issues in the past - happy to chime in here!

Are you by chance on a free Zoom account? HD video is only available on Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise accounts.

There are some other prerequisites in order to use HD video that might be causing issues here:

• Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
  • Full-screen meeting window on Zoom desktop client
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
  • Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher

If you’ve confirmed all of the prerequisites, the other thing to check here is that HD video is actually enabled. Quoting these docs:

To enable or disable HD video for meetings for your own use:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Meeting-HD Video Quality toggle to enable or disable it.
  5. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
    6.Note*: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.
  6. If applicable for your account, select Standard HD (720p) or Full HD (1080p), then click Save.

Once enabled in the Zoom web portal, users must enable HD from their Video settings in the Zoom desktop client or mobile app to apply it during a meeting.

There are also some caveats/known scenarios to be aware of around HD video, and these are outlined here: Resolution of recorded video

Another Option

Another alternative is to use Recall.ai for your meeting bots instead. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like