List group members API docs misleading

Description
The documentation for the “list group members” api ( https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/groups/groupmembers ) states of the “page_number” query parameter ‘This field has been deprecated and we will stop supporting it completely in a future release. Please use “next_page_token” for pagination instead of this field.’ However the response doesn’t actually include the “next_page_token.” As far as I can tell it isn’t possible to follow the recommendation provided by the documentation. This note should be removed from the documentation until the API has been updated to accept / return the recommended value.

Error
N/A

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
N/A

Which Endpoint/s?
get /groups/{groupId}/members

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
N/A

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
N/A

Hey @garrett,

Thanks for raising this. Is it possible to share your full request with me so that I can take a closer look? The set of available results will need to exceed that of the current page in order for the next_page_token to be returned. Are you including a page_size parameter in your request?

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hi Will,
See the example below. The group I’m querying is our default user group with about 6000 members. with page_size set to the maximum of 300 it returns the first 300 objects and a page number, but no next_page_token. The response included page_count, page_number, page_size, total_records, and the array of the first 300 members. In order to query the remaining pages i had to use the page_number parameter in my request that it says is deprecated.

[13:50:50]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom> $body

Name                           Value
----                           -----
page_size                      300

[13:51:08]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom> $groupMemberUri

https://api.zoom.us/v2/groups/<myRedactedGroupIdHere>/members
[13:51:10]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom> $headers

Name                           Value
----                           -----
Authorization                  Bearer <redacted jwt>

[13:51:14]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom> $results = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $groupMemberUri -Headers $headers -Body $body

[13:51:39]:C:\Scripts\PowerShell\zoom> $results

page_count    : 22
page_number   : 1
page_size     : 300
total_records : 6325
members       : {<array of members here - redacted}

Hey @garrett,

Thanks for sharing this. Our team is looking into this (ZOOM-204204).

I’ll follow up here once I have an update!

Thanks,
Will

Hey @garrett,

I heard back from my team on this, and they’ve let me know that the next_page_token parameter will be released shortly, but you will want to continue to use the next_page parameter for the very short term. We expect this to be fixed very soon.

Thanks,
Will

Sounds good Will, thanks for the update!

@garrett of course, thanks for raising it!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.