List Meetings Number of Participants doesn't match extracted number of unique participants

Hello,

I hope you are all well.

I just wanted to check if the issue reported here → Meeting Detail API returning wrong participants_count number (ZOOM-181627) is still present, and whether the discrepancies in participant counts I am seeing are related? (see examples further below)

I am not too bothered if the numbers don’t match up, so long as I can explain it and confirm that I am not missing any records in my participants reports.

I am using the following endpoints:
metrics/meetings to get a list of meeting UUID’s for a date range (usually yesterday)
report/meetings//participants to extract participants for the meeting UUID’s retrieved from the /metrics/meetings endpoint.

I have an OAuth2 authentication set up via Zoom marketplace App and am using SQL Server Integration Services Projects 3.16 with COZYROC extension in Visual Studio 2019.

Example 1:
Meeting UUID DEF
Only host is output as participant form Meeting Participants report, has two participation records with same participant ID
Number of Participants output from List Meetings dashboard = 2
Distinct count of participant ID’s from Meeting Participants report for Meeting UUID = 1

Example 2:
Meeting UUID GHI
Host is output as participant form Meeting Participants report, has three participation records for Meeting UUID
Number of Participants output from List Meetings dashboard = 4
Distinct count of participant ID’s from Meeting Participants report for Meeting UUID = 2

Some additional questions which may be related:

• Can I just confirm that the host will always also appear as participant on the meeting participant report?

• I was told by our Zoom admin that participant email addresses are not populated if the participants join the meeting but without logging on to their organisational Zoom account. Somehow Zoom though still seems to recognise these participants even over different meetings, as the participant ID is populated and the same throughout different meetings (I validated through display names). I do get a few records without participant ID’s (about 2%), but the vast majority of records have a participant ID regardless of whether the email address is populated or not.
    How does Zoom recognise these participants if they are presumably not logged on? Or is there something else happening so the email addresses aren’t provided? And why do I get some records with no participant ID at all?

Apologies if I am missing anything obvious or left any vital information out, I am just starting out in working with API’s and the Zoom API in particular :slight_smile:

Many thanks
Mirijam

Hi @businessintelligence

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community, I am happy to help here!

I will go ahead and look into this issue and come back to you after learning more about the same and getting some information to share with you.

Cheers,
Elisa

1 Like

Hi @businessintelligence
Would you please share with me both meeting UUIDs that you are seeing this behavior so I can take a closer look into this?

Regarding the host appearing as a participant on the meeting participant report, yes it is expected behavior.

How does Zoom recognise these participants if they are presumably not logged on? Or is there something else happening so the email addresses aren’t provided? And why do I get some records with no participant ID at all?

About this second issue, if the participants are not logged in, then the email addresses won’t be populated, that is the expected behavior. When the participants are not logged in, then you should be able to use the user_id to identify the users. (this value is generated for the specific user and its only valid for the meeting’s duration)

Please let me know if this helps and looking forward to hearing back from you.
Best,
Elisa