listMeetings and start_time

Description
Our app offers a user dashboard with a widget to join their upcoming meeting. I’m wondering what’s the best way to recreate the “Up next” portion of the Zoom welcome screen, for a widget we want to offer.

We currently use listMeetings with a page_size of 1, butt it seems like recurring meetings don’t appear to have a start_time. The meeting was created via the GSuite integration, when creating the meeting in Google Calendar. Most oddly, this event has a type of 3 (recurring with no fixed time). We’d expect the event to have a start_time matching the calendar event.

I also tried calling getMeeting, which adds much more info to settings, but still no start_time. I see that getMeeting has an occurrence_id, but there doesn’t appear to be one available in the listMeetings output (is it uuid?). Here’s a sample of what we get from listMeetings:

{
    uuid: 'tShIWkfmScqlFpHYBLUfvg==',
    id: 91930818505,
    host_id: 'SxdVc4LiQQicakSlROnY3A',
    topic: 'Mid-sprint check-in',
    type: 3,
    duration: 60,
    timezone: 'America/Los_Angeles',
    created_at: '2020-12-15T19:19:17Z',
    join_url: 'https://zoom.us/j/91930818505?pwd=UnVjWVRvV08xalFNQjhWMzNBdDFrUT09'
  } 

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
/users/me/meetings
/meetings/:id

Hi @davidkaneda,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

If you’re looking to list upcoming meetings, you’re correct that the List Meetings API would be a good way to accomplish this. However, in order to account for recurring meetings, you will need to leverage the GET Meeting API as well.

For recurring meetings, the GET Meeting API will return a list of occurrence_ids and their start times:

You can then incorporate those meeting occurrences into your list.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.