Live minute count

Hi, I know that Zoom reports show participants in a meeting and the minutes each participant was in the meeting. However, is there an API function or other way for an SDK-based app to a get a _running_ minute count of each participant _during_ a meeting, not a total minute count after the meeting? If not, could this functionality be added for SDK clients? Thanks.

Hi Bert, 

Our APIs only before and after meeting functionality, our SDKs have in meeting functionalities for running minute count. Which SDK are you using? 

Thanks

Thanks Michael. That’s great. We’re using the Windows and Mac SDKs. Could you please tell us how to access the live minute count in each SDK? Does the feature break down the live minute count by participant?

Hi Michael, just following up to see if you could send more information about how to access live minute count in the Windows and Mac SDKs. Thanks.

Hi Bert, 

I reached out to our SDK Engineers and they have stated that we currently do not support live meeting count for Windows or Mac. 

Thanks

Thanks Michael. Just for clarity’s sake, your first reply two weeks ago was inaccurate, right?

Hi Bert, 

I apologize for the misinterpretation. Our SDKs support in meeting functionalities and we have not released Live meeting Count as of yet. 

Thanks

Hello i was speaking with an agent in live chat and she said there was a way get the time users join or leave meeting rooms but she didn’t tell me how. If not then how much longer is it going to be before this is implemented… i’m trying to build a business

Hi @adamwasson,

It depends on your use case, would you mind explaining it in detail?. Also, are you looking to do this via SDK, API or web hooks?

Thanks

Well I am building a consulting website where pros can charge per minute and anyone with an account can pay them for their knowledge. I do not want to charge them for time that they were not both in the meeting. It would be great if I could request stats for both participants so that I can calculate the actual time they were conferencing. I know you can pull stats on past meetings but how accurate is it?

Please help

HI Michael

Ok so I have a PRO plan and I’m using the REST API. Currently I am creating new users, listing registered users, and creating meetings

based on the unique ID. I made the setting in the Zoom settings to require a login for both parties as I cannot have an anonymous user.

The way my site works is that I need to calculate the minutes of each meeting and charge a rate per minute based on consultant payment

credentials.

I was chatting with an agent last night … Cameron … and she told me that it’s possible to get a time stamp of each user as to when

they join or leave the meeting room. If I can do this I can subtract the difference so that they won’t have to pay for time that the

two parties were not actually talking. So for example let’s say the host of the meeting joins but the participant does not join the meeting

room for another 2 - 5 minutes or if one of them leaves the meeting room, they would not have to pay for that dead time where there

is just one person in the meeting.

I figured one solution would be to give them 5 minutes that I would not charge to allow for possible dead time and warn them as such,

but I’m hoping I can pull the statistics I need.

Thanks,

Adam Wasson

Hi @adamwasson,

Yes you can use the Meeting Participant Join/Left webhook to get the times of when an attendee joins or leaves a meeting. You can also use the Retrieve Meeting Participant reports to get the minutes and join time of that participant [1].

1 - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/reports/reportmeetingparticipants

That’s awesome… I thought it was impossible. . you made my day!!!

Thank you,

Adam

Can I access the version 2 API with the PRO plan though?

Hi @adamwasson,

Yes, you can access version 2 of our API with the Pro plan. but some of our APIs such as reporting or dashboard require at least a business plan [1].

1 - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204654719-Dashboard

Thanks