Hello Zoom Community,
We wanted to better understand the Zoom dashboard numbers logic, so we created a sub-account that has only one user and scheduled a meeting. Here is the sequence of events.
Scheduled a meeting for 5:30 PM on 04/07.
User 1 joined the meeting at 5:21 PM
User 1 left the meeting at 5:37 PM
User 1 participation minutes - 16 minutes.
User 2 joined the meeting at 5:26 PM
User 2 left the meeting at 5:34 PM
User 2 participant minutes - 8 minutes.
So the total participant minutes should be 24, but Zoom is taking the total meeting minutes and again multiplying it by the number of participants (2) to display the meeting minutes as 48 as shown below. It’s clearly an inflated number
Here is the API we are using
“topic”: “ABCD’s Personal Meeting Room”,
The zoom dashboard is displaying the meting minutes incorrectly.
Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
We are using JWT for authorization. No issues there
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.
How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Create a subaccount with only 2-3 users.
- Schedule a meeting with the sub-account users
- Note the times when each person joined and exited the meeting.
- Check the dashboard for the dates when the meeting was scheduled.
- The total meeting minutes that you calculated will be multiplied by number of participants which is incorrect.
- Zoom shouldn’t multiply the total minutes with participants to display on the dashboard.
Screenshots (If applicable)
Screenshot attached in the description section
The meeting minutes are inflated number and Zoom needs to fix it as it gives the wrong reporting to the executives.
Here is a suggestion for the Zoom team.
- The meeting minutes on dashboard should be labeled as Participant minutes as its more accurate.
- Please check the logic for displaying the meeting minutes and please correct me if I’m wrong in my analysis.