Loading Joining Meeting

Description
I am trying to include a webinar meeting in my website (built in Nextjs) using sdk app type. as shown here SDK Authorization

I am using this code to generate the signature and everything seems to be going well.

try {

const iat = Math.round((new Date().getTime() - 30000) / 1000);

const exp = iat + 60 * 60 * 2;

const oHeader = { alg: "HS256", typ: "JWT" };

const oPayload = {

sdkKey: sdkKey,

mn: meetingNumber,

role: role,

iat: iat,

exp: exp,

appKey: sdkKey,

tokenExp: iat + 60 * 60 * 2,

};

const sHeader = JSON.stringify(oHeader);

const sPayload = JSON.stringify(oPayload);

const sdkJWT = KJUR.jws.JWS.sign("HS256", sHeader, sPayload, sdkSecret);

However, when I try to join the window it freezes on “Joining Meeting…” and I don’t get any error messages or anything similar.

I have already read similar posts and I am sure that I have included all the required parameters and in the correct format.

ZoomMtg.init({

leaveUrl: leaveUrl,

isSupportAV: true,

success: async (success) => {

const res = await axios.post("url", {

sdkKey,

sdkSecret,

meetingNumber,

role: 0,

});

ZoomMtg.join({

signature: res.data.signature,

meetingNumber,

userName: "someoneUsername",

sdkKey,

userEmail: "someone@mail.com",

passWord: "someonePassword",

success: (success) => {

console.info(success);

},

error: (error) => {

console.info(error);

},

});

},

error: (error) => {

console.info(error);

},

});

Please let me know what is the problem here!

Browser Console Error
No Errors displayed

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
@zoomus/websdk2.4.0

Hi, @Betsy.

Can share if you are using Client View or Component View?

Join Webinar Client View

Join Webinar Component View

Thaks for reply!! :slight_smile:
Yes, I’m using Client View.
I’ve set the role to 0 and am providing an email. What could be wrong?

@Betsy,

Thanks for confirming @Betsy! First, can share if the webinar was already started? Setting the role to 0 will allow you to join an active webinar, but not start it. Also, in your browser console, have you verified all of the expected property values are there? If so, can you share a screenshot of your console or any other helpful information that might help us narrow this down?

Yes! I started the webinar before try to join, and set up the role as 0 to join.
I attach a screenshot of my console. I have printed the values that I am sending to the join function and indeed, I am filling the required fields. Additionally, I am configuring the tk field, since it is a webinar with prior registration.
The webinar does not require a password, so I am not sending any information in passWord.
Finally, the email I am sending corresponds to a user already registered in the webinar.

@Betsy,

Thanks for the that verification,@Betsy! I’ve reviewed the provided snippet and it looks like the required parameters are present. I’ve also went ahead and tested the workflow on my end. I can confirm I am able to join a Webinar successfully. As next step, the first thing I would check is if the behavior persists when using the Sample Web SDK and Sample Signature App. The goal here is to get a simple guest participant into a webinar. If you successfully joined the webinar, try and add in additional factors and test again until you have identified what is breaking.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.