Meeting stuck on joining

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

WEB SDK 2.10.1

Description
I am trying to upgrade from version 2.5.0 in preparation for May. The web app has been working perfectly for over 1 year but now I have changed versions, the client is just getting stuck on join meeting. I have changed the sdk key from the previous api key and all the parameters seem to be getting passed through. I have tried on a desktop PC and on a laptop with working camera and microphone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error?
The full error message or issue you are running into, where applicable.

Troubleshooting Routes
The troubleshooting attempt types you’ve already exhausted, including testing with the appropriate sample app (found on Zoom · GitHub).

How To Reproduce
Get signature back from c# web api then gets stuck on joining meeting. There’s no clear messages in console directing me to issue so any help would be great. Thanks
*1. Authentication method or app type - Web SDK version 2.10.1
*2. Any errors - No console messages, however i have included error in screenshot.
*3. Browser/client type and version - google chrome 110.0.5481.180

Thanks

Chris

@chris.w Hope you will be fine.

Please let me know if you are generating proper signatures with Client Id & Secret. Here is the NodeJS signature helper

const KJUR = require('jsrsasign');

function generateSignature(meetingNumber, role) {
    const iat = Math.round(new Date().getTime() / 1000) - 30;
    const exp = iat + 60 * 60 * 2

const oHeader = {
        alg: 'HS256',
        typ: 'JWT'
    }

const oPayload = {
        sdkKey: process.env.ZOOM_APP_KEY,
        mn: meetingNumber,
        role: role,
        iat: iat,
        exp: exp,
        appKey: process.env.ZOOM_APP_KEY,
        tokenExp: iat + 60 * 60 * 2
    }

const sHeader = JSON.stringify(oHeader)
    const sPayload = JSON.stringify(oPayload)
    const signature = KJUR.jws.JWS.sign('HS256', sHeader, sPayload, process.env.ZOOM_APP_SECRET)

return signature;
}

module.exports = {
    generateSignature
}

& if you are using role:1 then you need to set the userEmail of the valid host account.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It definitely pointed in the write direction. Not sure which on of these steps fixed the problem but I followed the c# example from this thread: Generate SDK Signature with ASP.NET Core (C#) backend - #9 by allen

I also updated the equivalent to my meeting .js to reflect the changes for version 2.10.1. Most of it looked the same but is working now.

Thanks for your help. Would of been lost without the reply!

1 Like

@chris.w ,

Glad to hear @freelancer.nak reply helped get you back on track. Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Happy Coding,
Donte