Localhost redirect uri support in OAuth flow?

I am the developer of PresenceLight, a tool that currently allows users to broadcast thier Microsoft Teams presence to various smart lights. I want to enable Zoom support, but I am unable to because Zoom api does not support localhost as a redirect uri. I need this as I spin up a local http server in the background which will kick off the OAuth flow. Is this something that could be lit up with little effort?

Hey @isaac.r.levin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I appreciate the background there, it was very illuminating. I think this is a great idea and your use case shines a light on where we can improve. From here, if you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

In the meantime, you may want to instruct the users to run something like Ngrok to create a public tunnel to their local system. From there, they would want to use the paid version to assign a static subdomain to their account.

Thanks,
Max

That won’t quite work as I need to register the uri with Zoom, it can’t be just some random URL. I created a feature request

Hey @isaac.r.levin,

Thank you for submitting a feature request for this! I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max